Full Name: PAI-1 ELISA Kit (Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1)
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.031 ng/ml
The serpin family of secreted glycoproteins includes plasminogen activator inhibitor 1, sometimes referred to as PAI-1, endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor, serpinE1 and PLANH1. Urokinase (uPA) and tissue plasminogen activator are the two plasminogen activators, SerpinE1 is their main physiological inhibitor (tPA). A SerpinE1 abnormality in the plasma results in PAI-1 deficiency, which is characterised by irregular bleeding. The autosomal dominant condition thrombophilia, which makes sufferers more likely to have life-threatening spontaneous thrombosis, has been linked to high amounts of SerpinE1.
Plasmin, a proteolytic enzyme, cleaves specific bonds between the glycosaminoglycan chains found in fibrinogen. The resulting fragments cause fibrin to clump together into fibrous tissue. PAI-1 is an inhibitor of plasminogen activator that prevents the formation of fibrin clumps by binding to it. This prevents clotting and minimizes tissue damage because plasmin generally breaks down collagen in addition to shedding glycopeptides from the surface of cells.
Increased PAI-1 expression has been linked to improved cell survival and resistance to apoptosis. Through reducing cell adhesion (anoikis) and its impact on intracellular signalling, it also appears to affect apoptosis. The extracellular protein vitronectin can also be bound by PAI-1 when it is active. It binds to endocytosis receptors belonging to the low density receptor family very avidly when complexed with its target proteases, suggesting that vitronectin may regulate intracellular signalling.
Human PAI-1 ELISA kit is designed for determining amounts of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) in human serum, plasma, biological fluids and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-PAI antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following PAI-1 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.39, 0.78, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25.0 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.234 ng/ml
Range: 0.391 – 25 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for PAI-1, no cross reactivity or interference between PAI-1and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 97%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- UPA and PAI-1 analysis from fixed tissues – new perspectives for a known set of predictive markers. Curr Med Chem. (2010) 17 (35): 4370-7. Malinowsky K., et al.
- A novel ELISA for the detection of active form of plasminogen activator-inhibitor-1 based on a highly specific trapping agent. Anal Chim Acta. (2019) 1053: 98-104. Shang L., et al.
- Elevated plasma levels of PAI-1 predict cardiovascular events and cardiovascular mortality in prevalent peritoneal dialysis patients. E.Ren Fail. (2009) 31 (6): 438-45. Arikan H., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields