Full Name: Thrombospondin-2 ELISA Kit (TSP-2)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Thrombospondin-2 (TSP-2) is a glycoprotein in the extracellular and pericellular matrixes, it regulates cell migration, adhesive properties and proliferation. Cells produce this protein which then passes into the pericellular matrix and extracellular matrix. Here it combines with other proteins to form a scaffold-like structure that helps maintain cellular functions. There are now 5 members that have been identified (TSP1 to TSP5). It is a crucial component of the pericellular matrix, which is another name for the basement membrane. It was discovered in tendon, muscle, and blood vessel cells. It was also discovered in brain tissue, primarily in cells near blood arteries and nerve fibres. TSP-2 interacts with collagen, fibronectin and laminin. Other functions include being involved in cell adhesion, proliferation and polarization.
Thrombospondin-2 is a homotrimer glycoprotein that is composed of three identical subunits connected together by a disulfide bond. It mediates cellular interactions between host cells and the extracellular matrix. By doing this TSP-2 helps to regulate many physiological processes such as cell migration, cell adhesion and tissue remodelling. The phosphorylation downregulates its downstream targets, which leads to the suppression of innate immune responses. In this way, TSP-2 is part of an immunosuppression network that inhibits inflammatory processes in autoimmune inflammation. The expression of thrombospondin-2 is enhanced in the presence of alloantigens. TSP-2 is highly expressed on gastric cancer cells and may play a role in metastasis by promoting cell migration and influence as well as gap junction formation.
Human thrombospondin-2 ELISA kit can be used for measuring levels of TSP-2 (thrombospondin-2) present in human samples of serum or plasma.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with mouse monoclonal antibody against human TSP-2.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Recombinant lyophilized.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following thrombospondin-2 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Range: 0.313 – 20 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for TSP-2, no cross reactivity or interference between TSP-2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (94 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Thrombospondin-based antiangiogenic therapy. Microvasc Res. (2007) 74 (2-3): 90-9. Zhang X. and Lawler J.
- Contribution of Thrombospondin-1 and -2 to Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Mediators Inflamm. (2021) 2021: 8876484. Li Q., et al.
- Thrombospondin-2 is a Highly Specific Diagnostic Marker and is Associated with Prognosis in Pancreatic Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. (2019) 26 (3): 807-814. Peng H.Y., et al.
- Therapeutic Role for TSP-2 Antibody in a Murine Asthma Model. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. (2018) 175 (3): 160-170. Li K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields