Full Name: TGF-Beta2 ELISA Kit (Transforming Growth Factor Beta 2)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Growing component that transforms Beta 2 is a multifunctional cytokine that is crucial for cell division, proliferation and apoptosis. Asthma and rheumatoid arthritis are two inflammatory disorders that are associated to the aetiology. It has also connected to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, a disorder that can be cured by lowering weight, developing in obese patients. It has also been connected to enhanced cardiovascular performance.
In humans, TGF-beta2 was first identified as a factor that potently inhibits the action of collagenase. It was later discovered to play a central role in several key processes including cell growth and differentiation, wound healing, and inflammation. It is involved in many pathways related to cancer such as cell proliferation, survival, angiogenesis and apoptosis and its expression is increased during cancer development. Increased signalling has been observed in malignant cells, particularly in those with more aggressive behaviour.
Functionally, TGF-beta2 is beneficial in cancer prevention and treatment since it can protect against DNA damage and oxidative stress while also promoting angiogenesis, reducing tumour growth and cellular proliferation while blocking cell death. Finally, it has been demonstrated to be a very powerful proapoptotic mediator of death signalling in a variety of tumour types including; neuroblastoma, colon cancer, breast cancer and leukaemia.
Human TGF-beta2 ELISA kit can be used for measuring concentrations of transforming growth factor beta 2 (TGF-beta2, TGF-β2, cetermin, G-TSF, BSC-1, polyergin, TGBB2) present in human plasma, serum, biological fluids and tissue homogenates samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with TGF-beta2.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
- Pre-process Agent A
- Pre-process Agent B
For this TGF-beta2 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Range: 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for TGF-β2, no cross reactivity or interference between TGF-β2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Targeted tumor therapy with the TGF-beta 2 antisense compound AP 12009. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2006) 17 (1-2): 129-39. Schlingensiepen K.H., et al.
- The extracellular matrix regulates the effect of decorin and transforming growth factor beta-2 (TGF-β2) on myoblast migration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2016) 479 (2): 351-357. Goetsch K.P. and Niesler C.U.
- The TGF-β pathway mediates doxorubicin effects on cardiac endothelial cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. (2016) 90: 129-38. Sun Z., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields