Canine T4 total ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative concentrations of total T4 (thyroxin) in the samples of dog plasma and serum. The dynamic range for this assay is 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l.
The measurement of total T4 (thyroxin) is useful in dogs that suffer from obesity, poor coat, reproductive dysfunction, myopathy, failure to grow, unexplained lethargy, megaesphagus and hyperlipidemia. The levels of total T4 reduce during aging and also specific breads are known to display lower levels of total T4 for example; Labrador, C.Spaniel, Husky and Malamute. There is evidence to indicate that as high as 20 per cent of all normal dogs show decreased plasma or serum T3 or T4 total levels.
CANINE T4 TOTAL ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Coated monoclonal anti-T4 total antibodies.
- Strip Holder.
- T4 ELISA Buffer.
- Conjugate Buffer.
- Standard (1-4): Concentration 0, 50, 100, 250 nmol/L.
- Wash Solution (200X concentrated).
- Substrate A.
- Substrate B.
- Stop Solution.
- Plastic Cover Seal.
The standard range of dog T4 (thyroxin) using current canine canine total thyroxin (T4) ELISA kit is 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
– Canine Total Thyroxin (T4): ELISA
– Standards: Canine T4: 19 – 58 nmol/L.
– All results should be placed in a graphic to determine the concentration of thyroxin in the unknown specimen(s).
- Prevalence of anti-thyroglobulin antibodies detected by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of canine serum. J Am Vet Med Assoc. (1990) 196 (5): 745-8. Beale K.M., et al.
- Measurement of total thyroxine concentration in serum from dogs and cats by use of various methods. Am J Vet Res. (2006) 67 (2): 259-65. Kemppainen R.J. and Birchfield J.R.
- Evaluation of serum free thyroxine and thyrotropin concentrations in the diagnosis of canine hypothyroidism. J Small Anim Pract. (1999) 40 (2): 72-8. Dixon R.M. and Mooney C.T.
- Magnetic antibody immunoassay thyroid function tests in general practice. Vet Rec. (1984) 115 (4): 79-83. Donne C.S. and Wildgoose W.H.
- Evaluation of an in-house enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantitative measurement of serum total thyroxine concentration in dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc. (2002) 221 (2): 243-9. Lurye J.C., et al.
- Full Name: T4 Total ELISA Kit (Canine)
- Reactivity: Canine
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Range: 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l