Full Name: Canine Total T4 ELISA Kit (Thyroxin)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Range: 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l
The measurement of total T4 (thyroxin) is useful in dogs that suffer from obesity, poor coat, reproductive dysfunction, myopathy, failure to grow, unexplained lethargy, megaesphagus and hyperlipidemia. The measurement of total T3 (triiodothyronine) is useful in healthy dogs that have a lack of energy, a poor coat, reproductive dysfunction, myopathy and unexplained lethargy. The levels are found to reduce during aging and also specific breads are known to display lower levels for example; Labrador, C.Spaniel, Husky and Malamute. There is evidence to indicate that as high as 20 per cent of all normal dogs show decreased plasma or serum T3 or T4 total levels.
The measurement of thyroid hormones (especially T3 and T4) is not just restricted to dogs, as they are also found in other species including humans. Thyroid hormone levels differ among people and the levels can be altered during weight loss, pregnancy, stress and some medications. The levels also fluctuate during the day so it is recommended that results are taken over 24 hours.
The measurement of total T4 is a more reliable and accurate way to assess thyroid levels than measuring either FT4 or FT3 levels independently. This is because the combined measurement of both hormones provides a more comprehensive picture, enabling physicians to detect any underlying issues far more quickly and accurately.
Canine total T4 ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative concentrations of total thyroxin (T4) in the samples of dog plasma and serum. The dynamic range for this assay is 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Coated monoclonal anti-T4 total antibodies.
- Strip Holder.
- ELISA Buffer.
- Conjugate Buffer.
- Standard (1-4): Concentration 0, 50, 100, 250 nmol/L.
- Wash Solution (200X concentrated).
- Substrate A.
- Substrate B.
- Stop Solution.
- Plastic Cover Seal.
The standard range of total thyroxin (T4) using current canine total T4 ELISA kit is 50.0 – 250.0 nmol/l. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
– Standards: Canine T4: 19 – 58 nmol/L.
– All results should be placed in a graphic to determine the concentration of thyroxin in the unknown specimen(s).
- Prevalence of anti-thyroglobulin antibodies detected by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of canine serum. J Am Vet Med Assoc. (1990) 196 (5): 745-8. Beale K.M., et al.
- Measurement of total thyroxine concentration in serum from dogs and cats by use of various methods. Am J Vet Res. (2006) 67 (2): 259-65. Kemppainen R.J. and Birchfield J.R.
- Evaluation of serum free thyroxine and thyrotropin concentrations in the diagnosis of canine hypothyroidism. J Small Anim Pract. (1999) 40 (2): 72-8. Dixon R.M. and Mooney C.T.
- Magnetic antibody immunoassay thyroid function tests in general practice. Vet Rec. (1984) 115 (4): 79-83. Donne C.S. and Wildgoose W.H.
- Evaluation of an in-house enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantitative measurement of serum total thyroxine concentration in dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc. (2002) 221 (2): 243-9. Lurye J.C., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields