Human total thyroxine ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method designed to detect total T4 (thyroxine) concentrations in human serum. The sensitivity detection limit of this assay is 8 nmol/l.
Thyroxine (T4) hormone is synthesised and then stored in the thyroid gland, it also represents the major form of the thyroid hormones that are present in blood. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating; carbohydrates, protein and fat metabolism. They are also essential in the development and differentiation of all cells that are found in the human body.
This assay provides a simple and easy to use tool for the detection of total thyroxine concentrations in various disease conditions. Low levels have been linked with congenital hypothyroidism, chronic thryoiditis (Hashimoto’s disease), myxedema and some genetic abnormalities. Whereas increased levels are found in hyperthyroidism patients that can be due to acute and subacute thyroiditis, Plummer’s disease and Grave’s disease. Higher than 99% of thyroxine is found to be reversibly bound to one of three plasma binding proteins in blood; thyroxine binding globulin (TBG), albumin and thyroxine binding pre-albumin (TBPA). A small faction, approximately 0.03% of total T4 is in the free in its unbound state in blood at any one time and this represent the biological active form.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells, 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti-T4 antibody.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of thyroxine antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- Control Low and Control High. Containing human T4.
- Standard 0-5: Concentration 0-250 nmol/l. Made up from anti human thyroxine.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum detectable sensitivity limit of human total thyroxine (T4) using current total T4 ELISA kit was estimated to be 8 nmol/l. Also the standard range was calculated to be between 25 – 250 nmol/l.
- J. Biological Chemistry (1948) 173, 175. Barker, S.B.
- J. Clinical Endocrinol. (1971) 33, 865. Chopra, I.J., Solomon, D.H. and Ho, R.S.
- Clinical Chemistry (1975) 21, 3660. Young, D.S., Pestaner, L.C. and Gilberman, U.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disease, Cleveland CRC Press (1975) p. 19-51. Sterling, L.
- Full Name: Total Thyroxine ELISA Kit (Total T4)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 8 nmol/l
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields