Human SS-B Ab ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG auto-antibodies to Sjögren syndrome type B (SS-B antibody, SS-B/La, SS-B Ab, anti-SSB) in human plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Sjögren syndrome type B antigen (SS-B/La) are made up of 48-kD protein that is combined to RNA species and it is an extractable nuclear antigen (ENA). SS-B/La represent 1 of 4 autoantigens which includes SS-A/Ro, Sm and RNP. Antibodies to ENAs are frequently found in patients with Sjogren’s syndrome, systemic rheumatic diseases, dermatomyositis/polymyositis, MCTD and systemic sclerosis. SS-B/La antibodies are predominately discovered in patients with Sjogren’s syndrome (approx. 60%) or lupus erythematosus (LE)(approx. 15%) and also the SS-B/La antibodies are infrequently found in the absence of SS-A/Ro antibodies.
SS-B AB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified SS-B antibodies bound to microwells.
- Calibrators (A-F): Concentrations 0, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200 U/ml, made up from anti SS-B antibodies.
- Controls Positive and Control Negative: Containing human SS-B antibody.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
- Instruction Manual.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of Sjögren syndrome type B (anti-SSB, SS-B Ab, SS-B/La) IgG autoantibodies using current SS-B antibody ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Sjögren Syndrome Type B Antigen (SS-B Ab): ELISA
– Limit Of Detection (LOD): 1 U/ml.
– Linearity: 97 – 107%
– Intra-Assay Precision: 5.2 – 5.8%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 4.1 – 11.0%
– Measuring Range: 0 – 200 U/ml
– Results Interpretation: Negative: < 15 U/ml, Borderline 15-25 U/ml, Positive: ≥ 25 U/ml.
– Expected Values: Cut-off 25 U/ml.
– Interference: None.
– Clinical Diagnosis: Sensitivity (61.4%), Specificity (95.8%), Overall agreement (83.7%).
- Antibodies against SS-B/La and SS-A/Ro antigens in patients with primary Sjögren’s syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol Suppl. (1986) 61: 93-7. Hansen B. and Manthorpe R.
- Estimation of amounts of anti-La(SS-B) antibody directed against immunodominant epitopes of the La(SS-B) autoantigen. Clin Exp Immunol. (1991) 85 (3): 402-6. Gordon T.P., et al.
- SS-B/La antigen purification, and ELISA detection of anti-SS-B/La antibodies in sera from patients with inflammatory connective tissue diseases. Allergy. (1988) 43 (8): 577-85. Hansen B., et al.
- Autoepitopes reactive with anti-SS-B/La. J Autoimmun. (1989) 2 (4): 345-51. Whittingham S., et al.
- Full Name: SS-B Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml