Human SS-A 60 Ab ELISA kit can be used for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 60 (SS-A 60 antibody, anti-SS-A 60, anti-Ro 60, SS-A 60 Ab) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Sjögren syndrome type A antigen (SS-A) is an extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) that is composed of 52 kD and 60 kD protein antigens which are combined with cytoplasmic RNA species. SS-A 60 is a major component of the cytoplasmic ribonucleoprotein complex I humans and it is found that both SS-A 60 and SS-A-52 proteins have the ability to bind smaller RNAs and ribonucleoprotein particles that can be present in the nucleus or the cytoplasm. Autoantibodies against anti-SS-A 60 are mainly found in patients with lupus erythematosus and Sjögren’s syndrome, these autoantibodies also predominately appear in conjunction with SS-A 52 and SS-B antibodies.
SS-A 60 AB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified SS-A 60 antibodies bound to microwells.
- Calibrators (A-F): Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up of SS-A 60.
- Controls Positive And Control Negative: Containing human anti-SS-A 60 in serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x Concentrated).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
- Instruction Manual.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 60 (anti-SS-A 60, SS-A 60 Ab, anti-Ro 60) IgG autoantibodies using this SS-A 60 antibody ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Sjögren Syndrome Type A Antigen 60 (SS-A 60 Ab): ELISA
– Results Interpretation: Normal < 15 U/ml, Cut-Off 15-25 U/ml, Elevated ≥ 25 U/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific to autoantibodies against SS-A 60, no cross reaction to ENA antigens was displayed.
– Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml.
– Intra Assay: 2.7 – 3.2%
– Inter Assay: 1.8 – 6.3%
– Interference: None.
- Ro(SS-A) and anti-Ro(SS-A): an update. Rev Rhum Engl Ed. (1998) 65 (1): 45-57. Review. Sibilia J.
- Laboratory evaluation of patients with Sjögren’s syndrome. Clin Biochem. (1992) 25 (3): 213-22. Review. Fox R.I., et al.
- Neonatal lupus syndromes. Curr Opin Rheumatol. (1994) 6 (5): 523-9. Review. Buyon J.P.
- Anti-Ro/SS-A and anti-La/SS-B antibodies associated with cardiac involvement in childhood systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. (1997) 56 (4): 272-4. Oshiro A.C., et al.
- Anti-Ro/SSA and La/SSB antibodies. Autoimmunity. (2005) 38 (1): 55-63. Review. Franceschini F. and Cavazzana I.
- Full Name: SS-A 60 Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml