Full Name: SAKL ELISA Kit (Soluble Alpha-Klotho)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 56.25 pg/ml
Soluble α-klotho (sAKL) is a protein derived from the membrane-bound α-klotho protein. α-klotho is highly expressed in the kidney and acts as an aging suppressor. The extracellular domain of α-klotho can be enzymatically cleaved and released into circulation as soluble α-klotho. sAKL functions as a hormone that regulates activity of transporters and growth factors.
The klotho gene encodes a single-pass transmembrane protein containing a large extracellular domain. Cleavage of the extracellular portion by membrane proteases like ADAM10 and ADAM17 generates the soluble klotho fragment. sAKL can then enter the blood, urine, and cerebrospinal fluid to exert effects on distant tissues. It acts independently of membrane-bound klotho.
sAKL has been characterized as an enzyme that modifies Na+/K+-ATPase, TRPV5, and FGFR1 transporters to increase their surface expression and activity. This promotes ion homeostasis and cell sensitivity to FGF23 signaling. Through these mechanisms, circulating sAKL influences renal phosphate excretion, vitamin D synthesis, and cardiovascular function. It also provides antioxidant effects and protects against fibrosis, inflammation, and apoptosis.
Human SAKL ELISA kit can measure concentrations of soluble alpha-klotho (SAKL) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-SAKL antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this SAKL ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 93.75, 187.5, 375, 750, 1500, 3000, 5000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 56.25 pg/ml
Range: 93.75 – 6000 pg/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for SAKL, no cross reactivity or interference between SAKL and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 102%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Pathobiology of the Klotho Antiaging Protein and Therapeutic Considerations. Front Aging. (2022) 3: 931331. Prud’homme G.J., et al.
- Correlation between Soluble α-Klotho and Renal Function in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Review and Meta-Analysis. Biomed Res Int. (2018) 2018: 9481475. Wang Q., et al.
- Soluble Alpha-Klotho Alleviates Cardiac Fibrosis without Altering Cardiomyocytes Renewal. Int J Mol Sci. (2020) 21 (6): 2186. Chen W.Y.
- Klotho’s impact on diabetic nephropathy and its emerging connection to diabetic retinopathy. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). (2023) 14: 1180169. Tang A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields