Human resistin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring resistin (RETN) in human serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and various other types of biological samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Resistin is a cysteine-rich protein that is 11.3 kDa and belongs to the protein family of resistin-like molecules (RELM) which also includes: RELMa, RELMb and RELMg. It was first identified in mice, in humans no other RELM family are found apart from resistin and RELMb. There is a 53% homology between the human and murine protein, both containing 11 cysteine-residues, synthesized as a propetide of 108 amino acids that is secreted as a dimer which is linked together by a disulfide bridge of cysteine residues. The structure of is highly dependent on its concentration, there is evidence to suggest there is a concentration dependent shift from a-helical to b-sheet structure. The standard that is used in the following assay has a molecular mass between 51-53KDa.
Resistin expression has be identified in white adipose tissue, pancreatic islets and pituitary of mice. It is an adipose derived hormone that is postulated to link adiposity to insulin resistance. Furthermore, type 2 diabetes has been characterized by a specific target-tissue resistance to insulin which is strongly associated to obesity and the epidemic is most commonly found in industrialised societies.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human resistin antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of resistin (RETN) using current resistin ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for RETN, no cross reactivity or interference between RETN and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 97%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 96%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The hormone resistin-links obesity to diabetes. Nature (2001) 409: 307-312. Steppan, C. M., et al.
- Resistin: insulin resistance to malignancy. Clin Chim Acta. (2015) 438: 46-54. Review. Codoñer-Franch P. and Alonso-Iglesias E.
- Resistin-induces lipolysis and suppresses adiponectin secretion in cultured human visceral adipose tissue. Regul Pept. (2014) 194-195: 49-54. Chen N., et al.
- Full Name: Resistin ELISA Kit (RETN)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields