Human insulin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 1.76 µIU/ml.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas by beta cells of the islets of Langerhans. It has a molecular weight of 5800 Da and plays an important role in regulating carbohydrate metabolism. It is also known to possess a wide spectrum of biological actions and these include; increasing DNA replication and protein synthesis, controlling the cellular intake of glucose in adipose tissue and muscles, fatty acid synthesis, allosteric effect on numerous enzyme, gluconeogenesis, decreased proteinolysis, amino acid uptake, lipolysis and increased glycogen.
Insulin secretion can be mainly controlled by the levels of plasma glucose where hyperglycemia is known to induce a prompt increase in levels of insulin in circulation. Other factors which can also have an influencing factor include neural, metabolic and hormonal (glucagon, amino acids and gastrointestinal hormone) can all participate in controlling the levels that is being secreted.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwell Plate: Wells coated with monoclonal anti insulin antibody.
- Zero Standard: 0 µIU/mL.
- Standard 1-5: Concentration 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 µIU/mL. The standards are calibrated against international WHO approved Reference material NIBSC 66/304.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Enzyme Complex: Streptavidin-HRP Complex.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: 0.5 M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human insulin using current insulin ELISA kit was 1.76 µIU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.25 – 100.0 µIU/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 6.25 – 100.0 µIU/ml
– Sensitivity: 1.76 µIU/ml
– Intra-Assay: 1.8 – 2.6%
– Inter-Assay: 2.9 – 6.0%
– Recovery: 91.8 – 109.6%
– Linearity: 88.4 – 110.4%
– Interference: None
– High Dose Effect: None up to 1600 µIU/ml of insulin.
- Evolution of insulin: from human to analog. Am J Med. (2014) 127 (10 Suppl): S25-38. Review. Tibaldi J.M.
- Insulin-Signaling in the Control of Glucose and Lipid Homeostasis. Handb Exp Pharmacol. (2016) 233: 51-71. Review. Saltiel A.R.
- Insulin tactics in type 2 diabetes. Med Clin North Am. (2015) 99 (1): 157-86. Review. Meah F. and Juneja R.
- Full Name: Insulin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.76 µIU/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields