Human RANK ELISA kit is a protocol designed for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B (RANK)(TRANCE receptor, TNFSF11) in human tissue homogenates, serum, various biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 46.875 pg/ml.
RANK which is also referred to as TRANCE receptor (TNFSF11), is a specific type I membrane protein which is mainly expressed on the surfaces of osteoclasts and is responsible for their activation following binding to the ligand. It is found to consist of 383 amino acids in its intracellular domain (from residues 234-616), also containing three putative TRAF-binding domains that are termed I, II, and III. It has the ability to interact with a number of different TRAFs using distinct motifs and can also activate NF-kappaB through a novel TRAF6 interaction motif. However, it can only activate JNK via a TRAF2-interacting region that is present in RANK.
Some of the important functions of RANK (TNFSF11) include being a key in the thermoregulation signalling in females (which is usually regulated by the ovarian sex hormones and expressed in regions of the brain linked with thermoregulation), is constitutively expressed in mammary epithelial tissues (where dysfunctional leads to expansion and differentiation of the alveolar bunds into mature lobulo-alveolar and this causes disabling of milk production) and it has been reported to be expressed in some prostate and breast cancers.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human RANK antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 2500, 5000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of RANK (TNFSF11, TRANCE receptor) using this RANK ELISA kit was 46.875 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 78.125 – 5,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for TNFSF11, no cross reactivity or interference between TNFSF11 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- RANK ligand. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2007) 39 (6): 1077-81. Review. Blair J.M., et al.
- Multifunctional properties of RANKL/RANK in cell differentiation, proliferation and metastasis. Future Oncol. (2013) 9 (11): 1609-22. Review. Kukita A. and Kukita T.
- Clinical applications of RANK-ligand inhibition. Intern Med J. (2009) 39 (2): 110-6. Review. Romas E.
- Selective targeting of RANK_signaling pathways as new therapeutic strategies for osteoporosis. Expert Opin Ther Targets. (2010) 14 (9): 923-34. Review. Jules J., et al.
- RANKL/RANK – from bone physiology to breast cancer. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2014) 25 (2): 205-14. Review. Sigl V. and Penninger J.M.
- Full Name: RANK ELISA Kit (Receptor Activator Of Nuclear Factor Kappa B)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Various Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 46.875 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields