Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgG/IgM ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
Prothrombin is a glycoprotеin that is vital during blood clotting and it is a carbohydratе-protеin compound prеsеnt in blood plasma. Thеy can bе convеrtеd to thrombin and this can transform fibrinogеn into fibrin. Coagulation is a procеss whеrеby fibrin and platеlеts form clots. In standard circumstancеs it is only during blееding that fibrin and blood clots arе producеd. Thеrе is also a tеndеncy for prolongеd blееding if thеrе is a dеficiеncy in prothrombin, this is commonly rеfеrrеd to as hypoprothrombinеmia.
Human prothrombin Ab IgG/IgM ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to prothrombin (prothrombin IgG/IgM) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified prothrombin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0, 6.3, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 U/ml, made up from prothrombin antibody.
- Control Positive And Control Negative: Containing anti-prothrombin antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgM antibodies, HRP labelled.
- Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG or IgM antibodies to prothrombin (anti-prothrombin IgG/IgM) using current prothrombin Ab IgG or IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Results Interpretation: Serum samples from healthy blood donors display IgG and IgM normal < 10 U/ml, elevated >10 U/ml.
– Intra Assay: IgG 3.3 – 4.2%, IgM 3.9 – 4.2%
– Inter Assay: IgG 5.2 – 9.3%, IgM 5.9 – 8.2%
– Sensitivity: IgG/IgM displayed 1.0 U/ml lower detection levels.
– Specificity: Highly specific for autoantibodies against prothrombin.
– Interference: None.
- Different anticoagulant and immunological properties of anti-prothrombin antibodies in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Thromb Haemost. (1997) 77 (3): 486-91. Galli M., et al.
- Utility of anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin and IgA antiphospholipid assays in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. (2013) 40 (3): 282-6. Akhter E., et al.
- The clinical significance of anti-prothrombin antibodies for risk assessment of thromboembolism in patients with lupus anticoagulant. Thromb Res. (2007) 120 (2): 295-302. Sailer T., et al.
- Validation of a commercially available kit to detect anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies in a cohort of systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Thromb Res. (2014) 133 (3): 451-4. Sciascia S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields