Full Name: Prothrombin Ab IgA ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
Prothrombin is a carbohydratе-protеin compound which is an important componеnt of thе procеss of blood clotting, it is еssеntially a glycoprotеin that is prеsеnt in thе blood plasma. It is convеrtеd to thrombin with thе hеlp of prothrombinasе (factor X), thrombin thеn acts in ordеr to transformеd fibrinogеn into fibrin. Platеlеts and fibrin arе rеsponsiblе for forming clots (this procеss is known as coagulation). Undеr normal circumstancеs, fibrin and blood clots arе only formеd in rеsponsе to blееding. A dеficiеncy in prothrombin (callеd hypoprothrombinеmia) is dеfinеd by its prolongеd blееding tеndеncy, this is mainly linkеd to a dеficiеncy in vitamin K that is an еssеntial rеquirеmеnt in ordеr for thе livеr cеlls to synthеsizе prothrombin.
Human prothrombin Ab IgA ELISA kit is an in-vitro quantitative method for detecting levels of IgA auto-antibodies to anti-prothrombin antibody (prothrombin Ab IgA, prothrombin IgA) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified prothrombin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentrations 0, 6.3, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 U/ml, made up from prothrombin antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti-prothrombin antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgA antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgA antibodies to prothrombin (anti-prothrombin antibody IgA, prothrombin Ab IgA) using current prothrombin IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Results Interpretation: Serum samples from healthy blood donors display normal < 10 U/ml, elevated >10 U/ml.
– Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
– Specificity: Highly specific for autoantibodies against prothrombin.
– Intra Assay: 3.8 – 6.6%
– Inter Assay: 4.2 – 8.6%
– Interference: None.
- The biology of prothrombin. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. (1998) 8 (2): 203-24. Review. Degen S.J. and Sun W.Y.
- The transition of prothrombin to thrombin. J Thromb Haemost. (2013) 11 Suppl 1: 265-76. Review. Krishnaswamy S.
- Anti-prothrombin (aPT) and anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin (aPS/PT) antibodies and the risk of thrombosis in the antiphospholipid syndrome. A systematic review. Thromb Haemost. (2014) 111 (2): 354-64. Review. Sciascia S., et al.
- Antibodies to prothrombin. Lupus. (2012) 21 (7): 729-31. Review. Bertolaccini M.L.
- Abnormalities of prothrombin: a review of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Haemophilia. (2008) 14 (6): 1159-63. Review. Meeks S.L. and Abshire T.C.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields