Human phosphatidyl serine antibody ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts IgG and IgM auto-antibodies to anti-phosphatidylserine IgG/IgM (phosphatidylserine antibody, phosphatidyl serine Ab) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of IgG APS: 1.0 u/ml, IgM APS: 2.8 u/ml.
Phosphatidyl serine is a phospholipid which is a key component of the cell membrane, it plays an important function in cell cycle signalling that is specifically related to apoptosis. Phospholipids that usually surround our cells tend to be vital molecules which are providing cellular structure and protection. Many publications have also indicated that it is critical for hormone secretion by the adrenal glands, bone matrix formation, heartbeat coordination, testicular function, cell repair and removal by the immune system. Many publications have found that phosphatidyl serine can improved cognitive behaviours and abilities, however, this benefit only lasted for a few months. Some of the health benefits of phosphatidylserine include improving symptoms of Alzhemeimer’s disease, combats depression, improves Parkinson’s disease symptoms and aids the slowdown of age-related cognitive decline.
PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterstrips (12 x 8 Wells): Coated with phosphatidyl serine purified from bovine spinal cord.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Anti-IgG and Anti-IgM, conjugated with horseradish peroxidase.
- Calibrators: IgG: 60 u/ml, IgM: 60 u/ml.
- Control Sera (Positive): For IgG and IgM, dilute 1:100.
- Control Serum (Negative): Dilute 1:100.
- Wash Buffer (20x Dilute Concentrate).
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of phosphatidylserine IgG/IgM (phosphatidyl serine antibody, phosphatidylserine Ab) auto-antibodies using current human phosphatidyl serine Ab ELISA kit was IgG APS: 1.0 u/ml, IgM APS: 2.8 u/ml.
– Phosphatidyl Serine Antibody (Phosphatidylserine IgG/IgM): ELISA
– Results Interpretation: Negative (IgG < 25 u/ml, IgM < 14 u/ml), Low Positive (IgG 25 – 35 u/ml, IgM 14 – 20 u/ml), Moderate Positive (IgG 36 – 50 u/ml, IgM 21 – 25 u/ml), High (IgG > 51 u/ml, IgM > 26 u/ml).
– Intra Assay: IgG 4.9 – 7.8%, IgM 3.3 – 11.1%
– Inter Assay: IgG 2.5 – 4.7%, IgM 3.9 – 9.5%
- Antibodies to phosphatidylserine/prothrombin complex and the antiphospholipid syndrome. Lupus. (2014) 23 (12): 1309-12. Sciascia S. and Bertolaccini M.L.
- “New” antigenic targets and methodological approaches for refining laboratory diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome. J Immunol Res. (2015) 2015: 858542. Review. Misasi R., et al.
- Antiphospholipid antibodies: discovery, definitions, detection and disease. Prog Lipid Res. (2003) 42 (3): 176-237. Review. McIntyre J.A., et al.
- Antibodies to Phosphatidylserine/Prothrombin Complex in Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Analytical and Clinical Perspectives. Adv Clin Chem. (2016) 73: 1-28. Review. Peterson L.K., et al.
- Full Name: Phosphatidyl Serine Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: IgM APS: 2.8 u/ml, IgG APS: 1.0 u/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS