Human progesterone ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring progesterone (pregn-4-ene-3 or 20-dione) in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.045 ng/ml.
Progesterone (also referred to as pregn-4-ene-3 or 20-dione) is a C21 steroid hormone which consists of a keto-group at the C3 position and a double bond between the C4 and C5. It has molecular weight of 314.5 Da and it can be found to be synthesised from cholesterol through pregnenolone within the granulosa and theca cells of the corpus iuteum that are under the influence of luteinizing hormone. It belongs to the group of neuro-steroids which can be found in high concentrations in certain areas in the brain and can also be are synthesised there. Neuro-steroids have the ability to affect synaptic functioning, myelinisation and have neuroprotective activity.
Progesterone is essentially a female sex hormone which can act in conjunction with estrogens to prepare endometrium for the implantation of the blastocyte, regulate accessory organs during menstrual cycle and is vital in the generally maintaining pregnancy. The maximal levels is achieved between days 4-7 after ovulation and this can be found to remain elevated for an additional 4-6 prior to falling back to the pre-ovulatory levels 24 hours before the onset of menstruation.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells, 12×8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti-progesterone antigen.
- Standard 0-6: Concentrations 0-40 ng/mL.
- Controls 1 and Control 2.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution: Contains 1 N acidic solution. Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of progesterone (pregn-4-ene-3, 20-dione) using current progesterone ELISA kit was approximately 0.045 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.3 – 40.0 ng/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.140 ng/mL ‒ 40.0 ng/mL.
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Progesterone (100%), 11-Desoxycorticosterone (1.10%), Pregnenolone (0.35%), 17α OH Progesterone (0.30%), Corticosterone (0.20%), 11-Desoxycortisol (0.10%), DHEA-S (< 0.02%), Cortisol (< 0.02%), Estriol, Estradiol 17β, Testosterone, Cortisone (< 0.10%).
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.045 ng/ml
– Intra-Assay Variability: 5.4 – 7.0%
– Inter-Assay Variability: 4.3 – 10.0%
– Inter-Lot Variability: 3.1 – 7.2%
– Recovery: 96.3 – 112.0%
– Linearity: 87.8 – 111.9%
– Drug Interferences: None
– Interfering Substances: None
– High-dose-Hook Effect: Not relevant for competitive assays.
- Clinical use of progesterone_in infertility and assisted reproduction. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. (2015) 94 Suppl 161: 17-27. Review. Ciampaglia W. and Cognigni G.E.
- The role of progesterone in memory: an overview of three decades. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. (2015) 49: 193-204. Review. Barros L.A., et al.
- Progesterone-Regulated Endometrial Factors Controlling Implantation. Am J Reprod Immunol. (2016) 75 (3): 237-45. Review. Bhurke A.S., et al.
- Full Name: Progesterone ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.045 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields