Human 17-OH progesterone ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17-OH progesterone, 17OHP, 17 OH progesterone) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.037 ng/ml.
17 OH progesterone (17-hydroxyprogesterone, 17-OH progesterone or 17OHP) is a C-21 steroid hormone that is produced during the synthesis of sex steroids in the gonads and glucocorticoids in the adrenal gland. Deficiencies are found frequently in patients that have congenital adrenal hyperplasia and this result in excessive secretion of 17-OHP causing the blood levels to be elevated. Therefore, by measuring the activity in the adrenal cortex can be used to monitor the levels that are present in the blood and this in turn plays a significant role when diagnosing patients with CAH, since the typical defective enzymes (21-hydroxylase and 11b-hydroxilase) lead to the build-up. CAH is one of the most frequently inborn endocrine disorders, where a prevalence of 1-20 in 10,000 children can be experienced.
The following assay is designed for detecting various types of applications. 17 OHP is a natural progestin and is found to increase during pregnancy in the third trimester which is predominately caused by the increase in production of fetal adrenal.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate 12×8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with 17-OHP antigen (polyclonal).
- Calibrator 0-5: Concentrations 0.1-25 ng/ml.
- Control 1 (Low) and Control 2 (High).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB)
- Stop Solution: Contains 2 N acidic solution. Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17 OH progesterone, 17OHP, 17-OH progesterone) using current 17-OH progesterone ELISA kit was approximately 0.037 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this assay is 0.1 – 25.0 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.014 ng/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Progesterone (2.9%), 11-Desoxycortisol (2.71%), 11-Deoxycorticosterone (0.26%), Cortisone (0.19%), Pregnenolone (0.17%), Prednisone (0.11%), Cortisol (0.05%), Androstendione, Testosterone, Corticosterone, Estradiol, Estriol, Estrone, Prednisolone, DHEA, DHEA-S, Danazol, Dexamethasone (< 0.1%).
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.1 – 25.0 ng/ml
– Intra-Assay Variation: 6.6 – 8.9%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 6.4 – 14.9%
– Recovery: 75 – 122%
– Linearity: 85 – 124%
– Drug Interferences: None
- 17-Hydroxyprogesterone in children, adolescents and adults. Ann Clin Biochem. (2014) 51 (Pt 4): 424-40. Honour J.W.
- Quantitation of 17 OH progesterone (OHPG) for diagnosis of congenital adrenal-hyperplasia (CAH). Methods Mol Biol. (2010) 603: 271-7. Singh R.J.
- Circulating progesterone and obesity in men. Horm Metab Res. (2006) 38 (5): 330-5. Blanchette S., et al.
- Neonatal screening for congenital-adrenal hyperplasia. Nat Rev Endocrinol. (2009) 5 (9): 490-8. Review. White P.C.
- Full Name: 17-OH Progesterone ELISA Kit (17OHP)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.037 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields