Human PLGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring placenta growth factor (PGF, PLGF, PIGF) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 1.062 pg/ml.
The PLGF protein is a recently identified placenta growth factor (PGF, PIGF) which is a 149 amino acid in length and displays over 53% homology with the platelet-derived growth factor-like region of the human VEGF. The human PLGF gene is found to be mapped to 14q24-q31 and the N-glycosylated PLGF protein can be secreted into the medium where it can function as a dimer.
Placenta growth factor is a growth factor that is active in angiogenesis and endothelial cell growth where it functions in stimulating their proliferation and migration. It has the ability to bind to receptor of VEGFR-1/FLT1, it regulates the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between FLK12 and VEGF receptor tyrosine kinases FLT1. There is also evidence that it can stimulate collateral growth and angiogenesis in limb and ischemic heart with comparable efficiency to VEGF3.
Angiogenesis and vascular transformation are two of the most important processes during the normal development of the placenta. Intrauterine growth retardation and pre-eclamptic pregnancies can occur as a result of abnormal angiogenesis and vascular transformation.
PLGF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells 12×8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti-PLGF antibody (monoclonal).
- Zero Standard: Concentration: 0 pg/ml.
- Standards (1-5): Concentrations: 25, 50, 125, 500, 1000 pg/ml. Made up from human PLGF.
- Control Low and Control High.
- Assay Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Biotinylated goat-anti-human placenta growth factor antibody.
- Enzyme Complex: Streptavidin horseradish Peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of placenta growth factor (PGF) using this PLGF ELISA kit was approximately < 1.062 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this ELISA is 25 – 1000.0 pg/ml.
– Placenta Growth Factor (PLGF): ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 1.06 ‒ 1000.0 pg/mL.
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): rhVEGF/PLGF (> 20%), rhFLT, rhVEGF and rhPDGF (> 7%) was detected.
– Analytical Sensitivity: < 1.062 ng/mL
– Intra-Assay Variability: 1.7 – 2.8%
– Inter-Assay Variability: 4.1 – 7.0%
– Recovery: 87.0 – 105.5%
– Linearity: 88.1 – 109.9%
- Soluble Flt-1 and PlGF: new markers of early pregnancy loss? PLoS One. (2011) 6 (3): e18041. Muttukrishna S., et al.
- Thyroid carcinoma cells produce PLGF to enhance metastasis. Tumour Biol. (2015) 36 (11): 8601-7. He J., Shen N. and Huang X.
- Placental growth factor and pre-eclampsia. .J Hum Hypertens. (2017) 31 (12): 782-786. Review. Chau K et al.
- PlGF blockade does not inhibit angiogenesis during primary tumor growth. Cell. (2010) 141 (1): 166-77. Bais C., et al.
- Full Name: PLGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: < 1.062 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS