Human VEGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human serum, tissue homogenates, biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a cytokine which can stimulate many cellular responses by binding to tyrosine kinase receptors (i.e. VEGFRs) that are present on the cell surface, this results in the formation of dimers which are can then be activated by transphosphorylation. VEGF is a vital signalling protein that is found to be involved in both angiogenesis and vasculogenesis, as its name suggests human VEGF activity is largely restricted to vascular endothelium cells, however, it does have some limited effect on other cells such as macrophages and monocytes.
The VEGF receptors consists of an extracellular portion that is made up of 7 immunoglobulin-like domains, a single transmembrane spanning region and an intracellular portion which consists of a split tyrosine-kinase domain. In addition to binding to VEGFRs, there is evidence that vascular endothelial growth factor is able to bind to receptor complexes consisting of both VEGFRs and neuropilins. This receptor complex is found to result in an increase in human VEGF signalling activity in blood vessels (endothelial cells). There are essentially three main subtypes of VEGFR which can be numbered 1, 2 and 3. There is also a membrane-bound (mbVEGFR) or soluble (sVEGFR).
VEGF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti VEGF antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human vascular endothelial growth factor.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled VEGF Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) using this human VEGF ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
– Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for VEGF, no cross reactivity or interference between VEGF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Inhibiting angiogenesis with human single-chain variable fragment antibody targeting VEGF. Microvasc Res. (2015) 97: 13-8. Hosseini H., et al.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor a inhibition in gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. (2015) 18 (1): 33-42. Review. Park D.J., et al.
- Detection and Quantification of VEGF Isoforms by ELISA. Methods Mol Biol. (2015) 1332: 25-37. Vernes J.M. and Meng Y.G.
- VEGF levels in diagnosis of vasculitic neuropathy. Clin Lab. (2014) 60 (9): 1573-7. Manolov V., Petrova I. and Vasilev V.
- Distinct VEGF functions during bone development and homeostasis. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). (2014) 62 (5): 363-8. Review. Liu Y. and Olsen B.R.
- Full Name: VEGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml