Human HGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in human serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 75.0 pg/ml.
Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is also be called scatter factor (SF), a paracrine motility, morphogenic and cellular growth factor that is secreted in an inactive single peptide form which can be cleaved by a serine proteases to form an alpha-chain (69kDa) and a beta-chain (34 kDa). The active form is generated as a result of a disulfide bond between the alpha and beta chains to give a heterodimeric molecule.
HGF protein is a member of the plasminogen subfamily of S1 peptidases but does not possess any detectable protease activity. It is secreted by mesenchymal cells and known to target and act primarily on either endothelial or epithelial cells. However, it may also act upon T cells or haemopoietic progenitor cells. It has a major role in wound healing and in embryonic organ development (especially myogenesis during organ regeneration in adults). Furthermore, it has the ability to stimulate matrix invasion, cell motility and mitogenesis indicates that it may have a key role tissue regeneration, tumorogenesis and angiogenesis. The gene that encodes the growth factor is found to be linked to human chromosome 7.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti HGF antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) using current HGF ELISA kit was approximately 75.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 125.0 – 8000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting hepatocyte growth factor no cross reactivity or interference between other HGF analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 96%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10% within the expiration date.
- Localization of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) gene on human chromosome 7. Genomics (1992) 12: 147-150. Zarnegar, R., et al.
- Molecular cloning and expression of human hepatocyte-growth factor. Nature (1989) 342: 440-443. Nakamura, T., et al.
- A broad-spectrum human lung fibroblast-derived mitogen is a variant of hepatocyte growth factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 415-419. Rubin, J. S., et al.
- Localisation of hepatocyte-growth factor and its receptor (c-met) protein and mRNA in human term placenta. Growth Factors (1996) 13: 133-139. Kilby, M. D. et al.
- Full Name: HGF ELISA Kit (Hepatocyte Growth Factor)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 75.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields