Full Name: PLAC9 ELISA Kit (Placenta Specific Protein 9)
Sample Type: Serum, Cell Supernatant, Plasma
Sensitivity: 0.156 ng/ml
Placenta specific protein 9 (PLAC9) was first discovered as a putative secretory protein that was enriched within the placenta. It was identified to play important roles during processes involving cell proliferation and motility. Many investigations have revealed that the levels are repressed in lung cancer cells (for example lung adenocarcinomas). There are essentially 2 other placental enriched gene that have also been studied extensively PLAC1 and PLAC8. The PLAC1 are found to be mainly expressed in trophoblast derived cells that are also located within the placenta. Whereas the PLAC8 are predominately present on the spongiotrophoblast layer in the placenta.
One of the major functions of PLAC9 is during embryonic development, the levels of this protein are found to be upregulated around the 8-9 weeks period. This protein is involved in many different protein interactions that are occurring in the liver. Also, overexpression is found to have an inhibiting effect on the capacity of cell proliferation in the hepatic cells through a process of modifying other cell cycle related proteins. The PLAC9 protein is also involved in various other processes related to the cell cycle such as centrosome duplication, mitotic spindle formation, chromosome segregation and cytokinesis. Furthermore, it has been linked to the nuclear envelope complex causing nuclear envelope disassembly. This fundamental function of PLAC9 seems promising for a variety of different diseases that involve abnormal proliferation levels within cells including cancerous cells.
Human PLAC9 ELISA kit can detect amounts of placenta specific protein 9 (PLAC9) present in human samples of cell supernatant, plasma and serum.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with mouse monoclonal antibody against human PLAC9.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Recombinant lyophilized.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following PLAC9 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml.
– Sensitivity: 0.156 ng/ml.
– Assay Range: 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Specificity: No interference or cross reaction observed.
– Other Names: Placenta-specific protein 9, PLAC9
- Proteomic Analysis Reveals That Placenta-Specific Protein 9 Inhibits Proliferation and Stimulates Motility of Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells. Front Oncol. (2021) 11: 628480. Wang H.X., et al.
- Current Understanding of Autophagy in Pregnancy. Int J Mol Sci. (2019) 20 (9): 2342. Nakashima A., et al.
- Plac8 and Plac9, novel placental-enriched genes identified through microarray analysis. Gene. (2003) 309 (2): 81-9. Galaviz-Hernandez C., et al.
- Retrotransposon hypomethylation in melanoma and expression of a placenta-specific gene. PLoS One. (2014) 9 (4): e95840. Macaulay EC, et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields