Human intact PTH ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method for measuring intact parathyroid hormone (intact parathormone, intact PTH, parathyrin) in human serum samples. This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of 1.72 pg/ml.
Parathyroid hormone (PTH) that is also referred to either parathormone or parathyrin is a molecular precursor that is made up of 115 amino acids and is biosynthesised as a pre-proparathyroid hormone in the parathyroid gland. Following sequential intracellular cleavage and proteolytic modification the proparathyroid hormone is eventually converted to an 84 amino acid polypeptide which is parathyroid hormone.
The measurement of intact parathyroid hormone is vital for differentiation of primary hyperparathyroidism from other forms of hypercalcemia, for example thyrotoxicosis, sarcoidosis and malignancy. Parathyroid hormone levels have been found to be elevated in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism, this makes it a specific and helpful tool for diagnosing it. The regulation of intact PTH secretion in healthy individuals occurs through a negative feedback mechanism of serum calcium on the parathyroid glands. The biologically active form is represented by the intact parathyroid hormone, it has a half-life of under four minutes and has the ability to clear rapidly from circulation.
INTACT PTH ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Reagent 1: Biotinylated human intact parathyroid hormone.
- Reagent 2: Peroxidase (Enzyme) labeled with human intact parathyroid hormone.
- Reagent B: TMB substrate (tetramethylbenzidine).
- Reagent A: Wash concentrate (Saline with surfactant).
- Stopping Solution.
- Microplate Holder: Containing streptavidin coated strips with human intact PTH antigen.
- Calibrators A-F: Concentration 0-700 pg/mL, made from lyophilized synthetic human intact PTH (1-84).
- Zero Calibrator (Lyophilized).
- Controls 1 and Control 2 (Lyophilized): Contains synthetic human intact PTH (1-84).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human intact parathyroid hormone (parathormone, intact PTH, parathyrin) using current intact PTH ELISA kit was approximately 1.72 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.7 – 966 pg/ml.
– Intact Parathyroid Hormone (Intact PTH): ELISA
– Sensitivity: 1.57 pg/ml
– Intra-Assay Precision: 3.68 – 6.08%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 2.8 – 3.6%
– Recovery: 95 – 109%
– Linearity: 84 – 109%
- Intact PTH is stable in unfrozen EDTA plasma for 48 hours prior to laboratory Analysis. Clin. Chem. (1995) 41:6: page S47. Kruger, L., et al.
- Metabolism of parathyroid hormone: physiological and clinical significance. Am. J. Med. (1974) 56: 774. Segre, G.V., et al.
- The parathyroid polyhormones: New concepts in the spectrum of peptide hormone action. Endocrin. Rev. (1991) 12:110-117. Mallette, L.E.
- Comparison of commercially available parathyroid hormone immunoassay in the differential diagnosis of hypercalcemia due to primary hyperparathyroidism or malignancy. Ann. Intern. Med. (1979) 91:739-740. Raisz, L.G., Yajnik, C.H., Bockman, R.S., and Bower, B.B.
- Clinical performance of parathyroid hormone immunometric assays. Mayo Clin. Proc. (1992) 67:637-645. Kao, P.C., van Heerden, J.A., Grant, C.S., Klee, G.G., Khosla S.
- Full Name: Intact PTH ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.72 pg/ml