Full Name: Mouse Osteopontin N-Half ELISA Kit (OPN N-Half)
Sample Type: Cell Culture Media, Plasma, Urine
Sensitivity: 5.63 pmol/l
Osteopontin (OPN) is a calcium-binding highly acidic glycosylated phosphoprotein, it contains a sequence of Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) amino acids which can also be found in other protein family members such as fibronectin, integrin and vitronectin. It is most highly expressed in bone and is involved in bone maturation, differentiation and remodelling. . OPN regulates the calcium phosphate balance in bone and also acts as a signalling molecule, which is essential for mechanosensory perception of pain.The structure of OPN consists of a three-dimensional, Greek letter shaped tetrahedron with different modifications on the surface that bind ligands. This binding is important for its function as an enzyme regulator.
Osteopontin can regulate or be involved in hematopoiesis, muscle contraction and osteoblast differentiation. The OPN-gene may also have a role in cancer progression as it has been shown to promote proliferation. It expression levels are highest during prenatal development, but low levels can be found throughout adulthood . The full name for this molecule is osteopontin-like phospho-protease with thrombospondin type 1 motifs. The OPN gene was first identified through genetic studies of osteoporosis patients. In the bone, OPN acts on bone tissue to regulate bone remodelling and mineralization during development and adulthood by facilitating calcification (the deposition of calcium salts) at sites of bone metabolism. In humans, it is encoded by the “OPN” gene located on chromosome 17q25.The “OPN” gene provides instructions that allow cells to make OPN protein and RNA molecules.
Mouse osteopontin N-half ELISA kit can only be used to specifically quantitatively detect the OPN N-Half using mouse urine, cell culture media and EDTA plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 5.63 pmol/l.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-OPN N-Half (34E3) mouse IgG.
- Labelled Antibody (30x).
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of OPN N-half using current mouse osteopontin N-half ELISA kit is 5.63 pmol/l. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 41,600.0 pmol/l.
– Titer Assay: 86.2 – 106.7%
– Added Recovery Assay: 85.4 – 96.1%
– Intra – Assay: 8.3 – 10.0%
– Inter – Assay: 7.5 – 9.1%
– Sensitivity: 5.63 pmol/L
- Thrombin-cleaved osteopontin levels in synovial fluid correlate with disease severity of knee osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol. (2011) 38 (1): 129-34. Hasegawa M., et al.
- The osteopontin transgenic mouse is a new model for Sjögren’s syndrome. Clin Immunol. (2015) 157 (1): 30-42. Husain-Krautter S., et al.
- Osteopontin level in synovial fluid is associated with the severity of joint pain and cartilage degradation after anterior cruciate ligament rupture. PLoS One. (2012) 7 (11): e49014. Yamaga M., et al.
- Osteopontin – a multi-modal marker and mediator in atherosclerotic vascular disease. Atherosclerosis. (2014) 236 (2): 327-37. Review. Wolak T.
- Cleaved Form of Osteopontin in Urine as a Clinical Marker of Lupus Nephritis. PLoS One. (2016) 11 (12): e0167141. Kitagori K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields