Rat osteopontin ELISA kit is intended for measuring quantitative concentrations of rat osteopontin (OPN) using EDTA plasma, cell culture media or urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.01 ng/ml.
Osteopontin (OPN) is a glycosylated highly acidic calcium binding phosphoprotein which is released by vascular smooth muscle cells, kidney tubule cells, osteoblasts and activated T-cells. Due to glycosylation and phosphorylation the molecular weight of OPN can range from 44-66 kDa. The amino acid sequence Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) is present and different forms of osteopontin can be found to be present because of RNA splicing, glycosylation, sulfation and phosphorylation. Both OPN and thrombin localise together at sites of injury, angiogenesis, inflammation and tumor cells.
RAT OSTEOPONTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-rat OPN (0-17) rabbit IgG.
- Labelled Antibody (30x).
- Standard: Recombinant rat OPN.
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
- EIA Buffer.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of osteopontin (OPN) using current rat OPN ELISA kit is 0.01 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.07 – 4.75 ng/ml.
– Rat OPN (Osteopontin): ELISA
– Titer Assay: 92.9 – 108.8%
– Added Recovery Assay: 81.9 – 114.7%
– Intra – Assay: 4.5 – 5.5%
– Inter – Assay: 3.2 – 5.6%
– Specificity: Rat OPN (100%), Human OPN (≦0.1%), Mouse OPN (≦0.1%)
– Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/mL
- Osteopontin synthesis and localization along the human nephron. J Am Soc Nephrol. (2002) 13 (5): 1210-8. Verhulst A., et al.
- High Concentration of Calcium Stimulates Calcium Oxalate Crystal Attachment to Rat Tubular Epithelial NRK Cells Through Osteopontin. Urology. (2015) 86 (4): 844. e1-5. Xi Q., et al.
- Influence of osteopontin short hairpin RNA on the proliferation and activity of rat vascular smooth muscle cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. (2009) 29 (2): 144-9. Ye S., et al.
- The role of transglutaminase 2 and osteopontin in matrix protein supplemented microencapsulation of marrow stromal cells. Biomaterials. (2010) 31 (35): 9256-65. Hakimzadeh N., et al.
- A combination of sinomenine and methotrexate reduces joint damage of collagen induced arthritis in rats by modulating osteoclast-related cytokines. Int Immunopharmacol. (2014) 18 (1): 135-41. Sun Y., et al.
- Full Name: Osteopontin ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Urine, EDTA Plasma, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/ml