Full Name: Mouse Osteopontin ELISA Kit (OPN)
Sample Type: EDTA Plasma, Cell Culture Media, Urine
Sensitivity: 0.15 pg/ml
An extremely acidic and glycosylated calcium-binding phosphoprotein is known as osteopontin (OPN). In the neurons, its N-terminal sequence interacts with the exon 10 to exon 13 promoter region. Osteoblasts, renal tubule cells, vascular smooth muscle cells and activated T-cells all release it. Cell surface proteins have a profound impact on the adhesion, division, survival and motility of cells. For cell survival and adhesion, OPN is crucial. It also stimulates cell survival and proliferation by interacting with integrins α v β 3 and v 5. Osteopontin is a glycoprotein with a molecular weight of approximately 24,000 Da that is encoded by the “OPN1” gene on human chromosome 17. It consists of 438 amino acids and it circulates in plasma as a dimer or trimer. The adhesion properties of OPN1 are modulated by its interacting partner EPOR, which is expressed in vascular smooth muscle cells.
According to studies, low amounts of osteopontin can harm the hippocampus, which can then worsen into conditions like Alzheimer’s disease. Understanding neurodegeneration and its effects on Alzheimer’s disease has been a key topic (AD). As it connects to the ubiquitin ligase complex, it may be connected to proteasome degradation, spurring an increase in research activity in this area. Osteopontin also has effects on other proteins that influence cell death and apoptosis (programmed cell death).
Mouse osteopontin ELISA kit is a method for quantitative determination of OPN (osteopontin) in mouse plasma, urine and cell culture media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.15 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-mouse OPN (0-17) rabbit IgG.
- Labelled Antibody (30x Concentrated).
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of OPN (osteopontin) using current mouse osteopontin ELISA kit is 0.15 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 64.0 pg/ml.
– Titer Assay: 88.1 – 102.1%
– Added Recovery Assay: 92.6 – 101.2%
– Intra – Assay: 4.1 – 5.0%
– Inter – Assay: 8.7 – 9.5%
– Specificity: Mouse-OPN (100%), Human-OPN (4.3%), Rat-OPN (14.8%)
– Sensitivity: 0.15 ng/mL
- Does elevated-osteopontin level play an important role in the development of scoliosis in bipedal mice? Spine J. (2015) 15 (7): 1660-4. Xie N., et al.
- Age dependent increase in the levels of osteopontin_inhibits skeletal muscle regeneration. Aging (Albany NY). (2012) 4 (8): 553-66. Paliwal P., et al.
- Increased osteopontin contributes to inhibition of bone mineralization in FGF23-deficient mice. J Bone Miner Res. (2014) 29 (3): 693-704. Yuan Q., et al.
- Osteopontin: participation in inflammation or mucosal protection in inflammatory bowel diseases? Dig Dis Sci. (2013) 58 (6): 1569-80. Chen F., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields