Human NSE ELISA kit is a method for analysing in vitro quantitative amounts of neuron specific enolase (gamma-enolase, ENO-2, NSE) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.19 ng/ml.
Neuron specific enolase (NSE) which can also be called gamma-enolase (ENO-2) or 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydrolase, is an isoenzyme belonging to the enolase family that consists up of α, β and γ subunits either has a homo or heterodimer. It is a 78 kD gamma-homodimer and the majority of this enolase-isoenzyme can be found in neuroendocrine and neuronal tissues. The biological half-life in body fluids is about 24 hours and due to the organ-specificity and concentrations in serum or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), elevated levels have been identified in diseases which result in relative rapid neuronal destruction.
The following NSE assay is not designed for screening test for neuroendocrine tumors but can be used to measure levels in established diagnosis. It is useful tumor marker for lung cancer patients. The measurement in serum of CSF has been useful in assisting the differential diagnosis of a variety of neurodegenerative and neuron-destructive disorders.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C in the dark, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microplate: Monoclonal anti hNSE antibody adsorbed on the microwells.
- Standards (0-4): Lyophilized, concentration 0, 4, 20, 50, 100 ng/ml.
- Control Negative (Lyophilized).
- Positive Control (Lyophilized).
- Incubation Buffer.
- Conjugate: Monoclonal anti hNSE antibody conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- Stop Solution: Contains sulphuric acid, avoid any skin contact.
- Wash Solution (50x Concentrate).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of neuron specific enolase (ENO-2, gamma-enolase and NSE) using current NSE ELISA kit was 0.19 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 7.5 – 115.0 ng/ml.
– Reference Serum Values (hNSE): Normal range (0 – 12 ng/mL) and Pathological value (> 12 ng/mL).
– Specificity: The antibody is directed specifically against the human neuron specific enolase.
– Sensitivity: 0.19 ng/mL
– Precision Intra-Assay: ≤ 4.4% (16x replicate measurements).
– Precision Inter-Assay: ≤ 11.2% (10x replicate measurements).
– Hook Effect: No Hook Effect up to 5000 ng/mL of hNSE.
- Neuron Specific Enolase as a Biomarker: Biochemical and Clinical Aspects. Adv Exp Med Biol. (2015) 867: 125-43. Review. Isgrò M.A., et al.
- A systematic literature review of cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in delirium. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. (2011) 32 (2): 79-93. Review. Hall R.J., et al.
- Clinical biochemistry of neuron specific enolase. Clin Chim Acta. (1989) 183 (1): 13-31. Review. Kaiser E., et al.
- Serum neurone-specific enolase and other neuroendocrine markers in lung cancer. Eur J Cancer. (1994) 30A (5): 574-6. Review. Ledermann J.A.
- Full Name: NSE ELISA Kit (Neuron Specific Enolase)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.19 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields