Human AFP ELISA kit is a method for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of alpha fetoprotein (alpha fetoglobulin, alpha fetal protein or alpha-1 fetoprotein, AFP) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 1.78 IU/ml.
Alpha fetoprotein (AFP) can also be called alpha fetoglobulin, alpha-1-fetoprotein or alpha fetal protein, it is glycoprotein which is 591 amino acids long, with a molecular weight of 70KD and contains a carbohydrate moiety. It is most abundantly produced during fetal and neonatal development by yolk sac, liver and in small amounts through the gastrointestinal tract. The serum concentration levels are rapidly decrease after birth and by the second year only trace quantities are usually detectable.
Elevated levels of serum AFP have been reported in several malignant diseases (for example primary hepatocelluar carcinoma and non-seminomatous testicular cancer). It is usually measured in pregnant women in majority of cases through the analysis of amniotic fluid or maternal blood, this is a helpful test for measuring a subset of developmental abnormalities.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Wells (96 wells): Coated with anti-AFP antibody (monoclonal).
- Standard 0-4 (Lyophilized): Concentrations 0, 10, 40, 80, 160 IU/mL. The standards are calibrated against NIBSC 1st International Standard (1st IRP 72/225).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 0.5M H2SO4, Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human alpha-1-fetoprotein (alpha fetoprotein, AFP, alpha fetoglobulin, alpha fetal protein) using current AFP ELISA kit was 1.78 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 160 IU/ml.
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0 – 160 IU/mL.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.78 IU/mL.
– Intra Assay Variation: 3.50 – 5.39%
– Inter Assay Variation: 3.64 – 6.74%
– Recovery: 86.7 – 106.5%
– Linearity: 86.2 – 115.0%
– Drug Interference: None
– High Dose Hook Effect: None observed up to 1600 IU/mL of AFP.
- Alpha_foetoprotein (AFP): A multi-purpose marker in hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Chim Acta. (2016) 463: 39-44. Review. Sauzay C., et al.
- Successful resection of a liver metastasis from AFP-producing pancreatic cancer resulting in long-term survival: a case report and review of literature. Pancreas. (2005) 31 (4): 416-9. Natsume T., et al.
- Variations in normal serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) levels in patients with testicular cancer on surveillance. Onkologie. (2012) 35 (10): 588-91. Patel P., et al.
- AFP (alpha fetoprotein): who are you in gastrology? Cancer Lett. (2015) 357 (1): 43-6. Review. Sun W., et al.
- Full Name: AFP ELISA Kit (Alpha Fetoprotein)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.78 IU/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Beta-2 Microglobulin (B2M) ELISA Kit
- Neuron Specific Enolase (NSE) ELISA Kit
- Chromogranin A ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields