Human measles IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies to measles virus (measles-IgM) present in serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.07 U/ml.
Measles which are sometimes referred to as rubeola, are an enveloped RNA virus, negative sense and single stranded that belong to the Paramyxoviridae family. An extremely contagious viral infection which is usually transmitted via respiratory secretions, it can infect the back of the throat and cells in the lungs. Some of the common symptoms of this disease include: dry cough, sore throat, a runny nose, a high fever, tiny white spots inside the mouth, red eyes and a characteristic rash which spreads from the face to the rest of the body. Measles virus is known to show more severe expression among undernourished or younger children, displaying a higher incidence of hemorrhage Measles (5-10% leading to lethal cases). Two of the most common methods which are used for detecting measles infection are: antibody testing (IgG and IgM) and viral islation detection (RT-PCR).
MEASLES IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Measles antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Negative Control (Calibrator A).
- Cut-Off Standard (Calibrator B).
- Weak Positive Control (Calibrator C).
- Positive Control (Calibrator D).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to measles (measles-IgM) using current human measles virus IgM ELISA kit was 1.07 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Measles Virus ELISA: IgM
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 7.0 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 2.8 – 8.7 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.5 – 13.4 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.07 U/mL
– Recovery: 117 – 135 %
– Linearity: 95 – 136 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Varicella and Mumps.
– Interferences: No interferences to triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL, bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 67 %
- Comparative evaluation of a new chemiluminiscent assay and an ELISA for the detection of IgM against measles. J Clin Lab Anal. (2013) 27 (6): 477-80. Sampedro A., et al.
- Comparison of two chemiluminescent immunoassays in the detection of measles IgM antibodies. J Virol Methods. (2016) 237: 38-39. Gómez-Camarasa C., et al.
- Measles investigation: a moving target. Am J Infect Control. (2014) 42 (8): 911-5. Helmecke M.R., et al.
- A point-of-care test for measles diagnosis: detection of measles-specific IgM antibodies and viral nucleic acid. Bull World Health Organ. (2011) 89 (9): 675-82. Warrener L., et al.
- Full Name: Measles IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.07 U/ml