Full Name: Rat MCP-1 ELISA Kit (Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein 1)
Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Urine
Sensitivity: 40.0 pg/ml
C-C motif ligand 2 (CCL2) and small inducible cytokine A2 are other names for monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1). A disulfide bond is formed between two cysteine residues in this 17 kDa or less tiny protein. MCP-1 is an adhesion molecule and cytokine produced primarily by the cells of the monocyte lineage. Monocytes are white blood cells that are found in the bloodstream and tissues, such as in inflamed areas where they act to support immune response by invading into tissue spaces and releasing proinflammatory cytokines to recruit other leukocytes.
MIP-1A, an inflammatory cytokine secreted by monocytes and MCP-1 are physically and metabolically related molecules. Immune complexes actively create MCP-1 and enlist additional effectors to fight inflammation. It directly activates vascular smooth muscle cells and promotes their proliferation It can induce neutrophil recruitment and migration, promotes neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) production and activity.
In human studies, Its levels have been linked to reduced wound healing. It is involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses. In mouse models of allergic asthma, MCP-1 mRNA levels have been shown to be increased. Administration of MCP-1 antibodies decreased macrophage infiltration into the pancreas in a mouse model of acute pancreatitis while decreasing IFN gene expression and IL12 signalling in pancreatic cells. The levels have been associated with the “pitta-kapha” syndrome, which increases susceptibility to respiratory infections, in human investigations.
Rat MCP-1 ELISA kit is intended for detecting qualitative concentrations of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP1, MCP-1) using rat urine, serum and cell media supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 40.0 pg/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-rat MCP-1 rabbit IgG.
- Labelled Antibody HRP Conjugated
- EIA Buffer.
- Stop Solution.
- Chromogen (TMB).
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP1) using current rat MCP-1 ELISA kit is 40.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 50.0 – 3,200.0 pg/ml.
– Titer Assay: 84.9 – 112.8%
– Added Recovery Assay: 82.4 – 102.8%
– Intra – Assay: 3.5 – 4.4%
– Inter – Assay: 4.6 – 5.9%
– Specificity: Rat MCP-1 (100.0%)
– Sensitivity: 40.0 pg/mL
- MCP-1 expression is specifically regulated during activation of skeletal repair and remodeling. Calcif Tissue Int. (2013) 92 (6): 566-75. Wu A.C., et al.
- Highly regionalized neuronal expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) in rat brain: evidence for its colocalization with neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. J Comp Neurol. (2005) 489 (3): 275-92. Banisadr G., et al.
- CCL2/MCP-1 modulation of microglial activation and proliferation. J Neuroinflammation. (2011) 8: 77. Hinojosa A.E., et al.
- Chemokines MCP-1 and RANTES in isolated rat pancreatic acinar cells treated with CCK and ethanol in vitro. Pancreas. (2000) 21 (1): 22-31. Yang B.M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields