Mouse IL-6 ELISA kit is designed for measuring quantitative concentrations of mouse interleukin 6 (IL6, IL-6) using plasma, serum and cell culture media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 1.07 pg/ml.
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a pro and anti-inflammatory myokine which is needed for the stimulation of acute phase protein synthesis and the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow. It can also cross the blood brain barrier in order to initiate the synthesis of PGE2 in the hypothalamus. IL-6 is also an important cytokine that can be produced in the muscles, where its levels can be elevated during muscular contractions. Interleukin-6 is found to interact with IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) and the glycoprotein 130 (gp130). In mice, it has a vital role in fighting infections by providing resistance against the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae. IL-6 can stimulate the auto-immune and inflammatory and processes in a large number diseases for example: Alzheimer’s Disease, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, prostate cancer, atherosclerosis, diabetes, Behçet’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus and depression. A considerable functional overlap is found between neurokinin type 1 receptor (NK1R), Substance P (SP) and IL-6.
MOUSE IL-6 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-mouse IL-6 rabbit IgG.
- Labelled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Recombinant mouse interleukin 6
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labelled Antibody.
- Chromogen (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The standard range of mouse IL-6 (IL6) using current mouse interleukin 6 ELISA kit was approximately 1.07 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.94 – 700 pg/ml.
– Mouse Interleukin 6: ELISA
– Titer Assay: 57.6 – 103.6%
– Added Recovery Assay: 79.2 – 106.2%
– Intra – Assay: 3.5 – 6.8%
– Inter – Assay: 3.6 – 6.2%
– Specificity: Mouse IL-6 (100.0％), Mouse Leptin (≦0.1％), Mouse MIP-2 (≦0.1％), Mouse OPN (≦0.1％).
– Sensitivity: 1.07 pg/mL
- IL-6/Stat3-driven pulmonary inflammation, but not emphysema, is dependent on interleukin-17A in mice. Respirology. (2014) 19 (3): 419-27. Ruwanpura S.M., et al.
- A critical role of the transcription factor fli-1 in murine lupus development by regulation of interleukin-6 expression. Arthritis Rheumatol. (2014) 66 (12): 3436-44. Sato S., et al.
- Targeting IL-6 by both passive or active immunization strategies prevents bleomycin-induced skin fibrosis. Arthritis Res Ther. (2014) 16 (4): R157. Desallais L., et al.
- Obesity and IL-6 interact in modulating the response to endotoxemia in mice. Cytokine. (2013) 61 (1): 71-7. Pini M., et al.
- Full Name: Interleukin 6 (IL-6) ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 1.07 pg/ml