Full Name: Malondialdehyde ELISA Kit (MDA)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 4.688 ng/ml
Polyunsaturated fatty acids that have been damaged by reactive free radicals form malondialdehyde (MDA). High levels are associated to various conditions including; diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders. It can also damage DNA, proteins and other elements of cells, this causes them to malfunction or even die. The body’s antioxidant defence mechanisms normally keep ROS away, but when they are overworked, ROS can damage cell membranes, which results in the creation of MDA.
Malondialdehyde ca be in two form; conjugated, which dissolves in water, and non-conjugated, which dissolves in fat. It is a by product of lipid peroxidation and is regarded to be more dangerous in its non-conjugated form. Although MDA is produced by people, a variety of plants and animals also contain considerable amounts of it. It can be found in the tissue of mature animals and is one of the key components of brown fat. It can increase hunger by converting into the neurotransmitter N-methyl D-aspartate (NMDA), which lowers sensitivity to bloating, according to a rat research. MDA is produced as a by product of anaerobic or high-intensity exercise, specifically D-lactate.
Malondialdehyde ELISA kit is designed for detecting concentrations of malondialdehyde (MDA) in plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MDA.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The following malondialdehyde ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.812, 15.6, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 4.688 ng/ml
Range: 7.813 – 500 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for MDA, no cross reactivity or interference between MDA and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (98 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- A review of recent studies on malondialdehyde as toxic molecule and biological marker of oxidative stress. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. (2005) 15 (4): 316-28. Del Rio D., et al.
- Malondialdehyde-Modified Low Density Lipoprotein as Oxidative-Stress Marker in Vasospastic Angina Patients. Int Heart J. (2017) 58 (3): 335-343. Oumi T., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields