Human leptin receptor ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring LEP-R (leptin receptor, LEPR) in human tissue homogenates, serum, biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 9.375 pg/ml.
Leptin receptor (also called LEPR, LEP-R, obese receptor and OB-R) is a single membrane-spanning receptor which belongs to the class I cytokine receptor family which includes: G-CSF receptor, LIF receptor and IL-6 receptor (gp130). Human LEPR has a major role as a receptor that are specific for the fat cell hormone leptin, it is also designated as a cluster of differentiation 295 (CD295). It is primarily produced in adipose tissue and is able to bind leptin which is an approx. 16kDa double protein, this interaction of leptin with its receptor is intimately vital for regulating fat levels within the body. Another important role of leptin is to regulate blood pressure through the leptin receptor.
It is possible for the human leptin receptor to have multiple splice forms, however, only the longest splice form is found to have any significant cytosolic domain and this appears sufficient for cytosolic signalling. This splice form has been shown to be over expressed in the hypothalamus and leads to the activation of STAT3 and STAT5. Since, leptin is able to control food intake and energy balance via the leptin receptor in the hypothalamus, this could suggest that many obesity or obesity-related diseases could be the result of some polymorphisms of the leptin receptor gene (LEPR).
LEPTIN RECEPTOR ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti LEP-R antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human leptin receptor (LEPR).
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled LEP-R Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human leptin receptor (LEP-R, LEPR) using current leptin receptor ELISA kit was approximately < 8.0 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this assay is 156.0 – 10,000.0 pg/ml.
– Leptin Receptor (LEP-R): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for LEPR, no cross reactivity or interference between LEP-R and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Hypertension in obesity and the leptin receptor gene locus. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2000) 85: 3126-3131. Rosmond, R., et al.
- A mutation in the human leptin receptor gene causes obesity and pituitary dysfunction. Nature (1998) 392: 398-401. Clement, K., et al.
- Identification and expression cloning of a leptin receptor, OB-R. Cell (1995) 83: 1263-1271. Tartaglia, L. A., et al.
- Polymorphisms in the leptin receptor (LEPR)–putative association with obesity and T2DM. J. Hum. Genet. (2006) 51: 85-91. Park, K. S., et al.
- Full Name: Leptin Receptor (LEP-R) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: < 9.375 pg/ml