Leishmania ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative levels of antibodies against Leishmani (anti-Leishmani) in different veterinary mammalian serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity to a cut-off.
Leishmaniasis is a particular infectious disease which is often transmitted by sand flies and can be the resulting from many different species of Leishmania. This parasite has the potential to infect both canines and humans, leading to a condition which is referred to as visceral leishmaniasis. It is most common in countries which are located near the Mediterranean basin such as Spain, Portugal and Italy, north and sub-Saharan Africa, southwest and central Asia, parts of South and Central America and the Balkans. In dogs some of the most common clinical manifestations include epistaxis, severe muscle atrophy, lymphadenopathy, conjunctivitis, chronic wasting, ocular signs, protein-losing nephropathy, polyarthritis, lameness, swollen limbs and joints, majority of these can result in renal failure. Due to this it is critically important to assess renal function in all infected dogs. Some of the general methods to identify infections include: serology, microscopy, ELISA and IFA.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of antibodies to Leishmania (anti-Leishmani) using current Leishmania ELISA kit is to a cut-off point. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Evaluation of indirect immunofluorescence antibody test and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the diagnosis of infection by Leishmania infantum in clinically normal and sick cats. Exp Parasitol. (2014) 147: 54-9. Chatzis MK, et al.
- Field validation of a Leishmania (Leishmania) mexicana exo-antigens ELISA for diagnosing tegumentary leishmaniasis in regions of Leishmania (Viannia) predominance. Braz J Infect Dis. (2015) 19 (3): 302-7. Soares KA, et al.
- Recombinant Leishmania infantum heat shock protein 83 for the serodiagnosis of cutaneous, mucosal, and visceral leishmaniases. Am J Trop Med Hyg. (2014) 90 (5): 860-5. Celeste BJ, et al.
- Evaluation of an ELISA for canine leishmaniasis immunodiagnostic using recombinant proteins. Parasite Immunol. (2012) 34 (1): 1-7. de Souza CM, et al.
- Full Name: Leishmania ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Veterinary Mammalian
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: Cut-Off