Full Name: Jo-1 Ab ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
Jo-1 (also known as histidyl tRNA synthеtasе) bеlongs to thе family of amino acyl-tRNA synthеtasе еnzymеs which can bе found in all nuclеatеd cеlls. Thеy arе important markеrs for thе disеasе polymyositis (usually in myositis patiеnts who also havе intеrstitial lung disеasе). Thеy arе ablе to bind to conformational еpitopеs of thе еnzymе protеin and rеsult in inhibiting its catalytic activity. Jo1 is also rеfеrrеd to as an еxtractablе nuclеar antigеn and can bе dеtеctеd using and ENA scrееn. It is found in ovеr 25% of casеs of polymyositis and also displays a good corrеlation with pulmonary fibrosis bеing prеsеnt. Bеtwееn 20–40% of polymyositis arе found to bе positivе for Jo-1 antibodiеs, with majority also displaying intеrstitial lung disеasе, HLA-DR3 and HLA-DRw52 markеrs and thеsе arе oftеn collеctivеly known as Jo-1 syndromе.
Human Jo-1 Ab ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG autoantibodies to Jo-1 antibody (Jo-1 Ab, Jo-1 IgG, anti Jo-1) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified Jo-1 is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentrations 0, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200 U/ml, made up from human Jo-1 antibody.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing human anti Jo-1 in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer P (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x Conc.).
- Instruction For Use.
- Certificate Of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Jo-1 IgG autoantibodies (anti Jo-1, Jo-1 antibody, Jo-1 Ab, Jo-1 IgG) using current Jo-1 ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Measuring Range: 0 – 200 U/ml
– Expected Values: Cut-Off 25 U/ml
– Results Interpretation: Negative: < 15 U/ml, Borderline: 15 – 25 U/ml, Positive: > 25 U/ml
– Linearity: 96 – 105%
– Limit Of Detection (LOD): Functional sensitivity was determined to be 1 U/ml
– Intra Assay Precision: 3.2 – 5.5%
– Inter Assay Precision: 1.0 – 5.0%
– Interfering Substances: None
– Clinical Diagnosis: Sensitivity (34.1%), Specificity (96.3%), Overall agreement (75.2%).
- The role of Jo-1 in the immunopathogenesis of polymyositis: current hypotheses. Curr Rheumatol Rep. (2003) 5 (6): 425-30. Review. Ascherman D.P.
- Characterization and peripheral blood biomarker assessment of anti-Jo-1 antibody-positive interstitial lung disease. Arthritis Rheum. (2009) 60 (7): 2183-92. Richards T.J., et al.
- Myopathy with anti-Jo-1 antibodies: pathology in perimysium and neighbouring muscle fibres. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. (2000) 68 (4): 472-8. Mozaffar T. and Pestronk A.
- Role of Jo-1 in the Immunopathogenesis of the Anti-synthetase Syndrome. Curr Rheumatol Rep. (2015) 17 (9): 56. Review. Ascherman D.P.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields