Human PMN elastase ELISA kit is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of IgG auto-antibodies to polymorph nuclear elastase (PMN elastase) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
PMN elastase is part of the subfamily serine protease that hydrolyze many proteins such as elastin, it is formed as an inactive zymogen (within the pancreas) and becomes active by trypsin (within the duodenum). In humans, there are six elastase genes that encode structurally similar proteins (elastase 1, 2, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B). Neutrophil elastases are one of the main protease enzymes,they tend to be 218 amino acids I length and contains two asparagine-linked carbohydrate chains that are important for glycosylation. PMN elastase is able to hydrolyzes proteins within specialized neutrophil lysosomes (known as azurophil granules) or extracellular matrix proteins and when neutrophil elastase is expressed aberrantly there is evidence that it can cause emphysematous and emphysema changes. PMN elastase mainly occurs in polymorph nuclear neutrophil granulocytes in endothelial and macrophages cells and it is also significantly involved in tissue destruction which are associated to rheumatoid arthritis and emphysema, where autoantibodies targeted against elastase tend to be linked with inflammatory rheumatic disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis and vasculitis. Elastase and proteinase 3 display a sequence homology of 54 %.
PMN ELASTASE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterplate: Break apart strips, containing wells coated with polyclonal antibodies against polymorph nuclear elastase.
- Calibrator: Concentrations 15.6, 13.3, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1,000 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized PMN-elastase.
- Controls 1 And Control 2: Consisting of human PMN-elastase.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Anti-alpha 1 PI antibody, containing polyclonal antibodies labelled with horseradish peroxidase.
- Calibrator/Sample Diluent.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 2 M hydrochloric acid. Avoid contact with the stop solution. It may cause skin irritations and burns.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to human PMN-elastase or polymorph nuclear elastase using current PMN elastase ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Polymorph Nuclear Elastase (PMN Elastase): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.2 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for human PMN elastase only, which also includes PMN elastase/alpha1-PI complex.
– Intra Assay Precision: 4.6 – 5.2%
– Inter Assay Precision: 3.6 – 5.4%
– Recovery: 96 – 110%
– Linearity: 90 – 120%
– Effects Of Hemolysis And Bilirubin: Samples displaying hemolysis and bilirubin (up to 200 mg/l), i.e. severe icterus display no clinical significant effect on this procedure.
- Platelets, Micro-Particles and Elastase. A Review with Extrapolation to the Mechanism of Generation and Bio-Pathology of Platelet Fragments. Pathol Oncol Res. (2017) 23 (2): 455-458. Robert L. and Labat-Robert J.
- Interaction between elastin and elastases and its role in the aging of the arterial wall, skin and other connective tissues. A review. Mech Ageing Dev. (1984) 28 (2-3): 155-66. Review. Robert L., et al.
- Elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema: insights from experimental models. An Acad Bras Cienc. (2011) 83 (4): 1385-96. Review. Antunes M.A. and Rocco P.R.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of neutrophil elastase inhibitors. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. (2003) 4 (5): 556-65. Review. Tremblay G.M., et al.
- Full Name: PMN Elastase ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml