Rat/Mouse IGF-I ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of mouse or rat insulin-like growth factor-I (IGFI, IGF-I) using serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 0.029 ng/ml.
Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) is also referred to as somatomedin C, it is a sulfaction factor which has a similar molecular structure as insulin and it also possesses non-suppressible insulin-like activity. IGF-I has a molecular weight of 7,649 Da, containing a single chain of 70 amino acids that is held together by three intracellular disulphide bridges. It is mainly produced as an endocrine hormone through the liver and has the ability to target specific tissues in either an autocrine or a paracrine manner. IGF-I is the predominate mediator of growth hormone effects, which are found to be mediated via IGFIR receptor, leading to the activation of the AKT signalling pathway. This can result in the stimulation of cell growth and proliferation, it is a potent inhibitor of programmed cell death.
RAT/MOUSE IGF-I ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-mouse/rat IGF-I antibody.
- Standards A-E: Lyophilised, concentrations are between 0.5 – 18 ng/ml (0.5, 2.5, 6, 12 und 18 ng/ml).
- Sample Buffer.
- Control Sera KS1 & KS2.
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape
The standard range of rat or mouse insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) using current rat/mouse IGFI ELISA kit was approximately 0.029 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.5 – 18.0 ng/ml.
– Rat, Mouse IGFI: ELISA
– Sensitivity: < 0.029 ng/Ml
– Inter Assay Variability: 5.3 – 6.72%
– Intra Assay Variability: 4.2 – 5.9%
- Aging, atherosclerosis, and IGF-I. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. (2012) 67 (6): 626-39. Review. Higashi Y., et al
- Serum IGF-I levels correlate negatively to liver damage in diabetic rats. Biotech Histochem. (2013) 88 (3-4): 194-201. Aksu I., et al
- The emerging role of IGF-I deficiency in cardiovascular aging: recent advances. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. (2012) 67 (6): 599-610. Review. Ungvari Z. and Csiszar A.
- Regulation of IGF-I/PI3K/Akt signalling by the phosphoinositide phosphatase pharbin. J Biochem. (2011) 150 (1): 83-93. Wang F., et al.
- Full Name: IGF-I ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: < 0.029 ng/ml