Human IFN gamma ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring interferon gamma (IFN gamma, IFN-γ, IFN-g, IFN-gamma) in human serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.03 IU/ml.
Interferon gamma (IFN-γ, IFN gamma, IFN-gamma) is an inflammatory cytokine that is a homo-dimeric glycoprotein which contains approx. 21-24kD subunits. It has been implicated for the development of fibrosis into inflamed tissues, where its production in under a genetic control that is responsible for influencing the development of fibrosis in lung allografts.
The production of IFN gamma is restricted to the immune system. It is a multipotent protein that can act on many different types of cells by having either an activating or inhibiting action. This leads to a direct effect on gene expression. It signals through the binding of the IFN-γ receptor (IFNGR). These receptors are found in majority of cells. This will it to be produced from specialised cells but having the ability to bind all types of cells to elicit a response
Natural killer (NK) cells and CD8 cytotoxic T cells are able to produce IFN gamma which is essential in controlling microbial pathogens. This supports the argument that it plays a crucial role in host defence against many infections, where it can activate both human macrophage oxidative metabolism as well as antimicrobial activity. There is also evidence that it possesses antiviral activity during its immune-regulatory functions and control of neointima proliferation.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterplate: Coated wells with monoclonal anti IFN gamma antibodies.
- Conjugate: HRP labelled with anti-IFN-gamma.
- Zero Calibrator.
- Calibrators (1-5): Concentrations 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 IU/ml.
- Wash Solution (200x).
- Control 1 And Control 2: In human serum, benzamidin and thymol.
- TMB Chromogenic Substrate.
- Stop Solution: HCl (1.0N).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human interferon gamma (IFN-gamma, IFN-g, IFN-γ) using current IFN gamma ELISA kit was approximately 0.03 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 30 IU/ml.
– Detection Limit: 0.03 IU/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for human natural and recombinant IFN-γ. No significant cross-reaction was observed in presence of 50 ng of IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, TNF-α, TNF-β, IFN-β, TGF-β, GM-CSF, OSM, MIP-1α, MIP-1β, LIF, MCP-1, G-CSF and RANTES.
– Intra Assay Precision: 3.2 – 3.8%
– Inter Assay Precision: 5.8 – 8.8%
– Accuracy: Recovery test (94 – 103%), dilution test (0.4 – 18.0 IU/ml).
– Hook Effect: No hook effect up to 500 000 IU/ml.
- Interferon-gamma: a historical perspective. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2009) 20 (2): 97-113. Review. Billiau A. and Matthys P.
- Identification of interferon gamma as the lymphokine that activates human macrophage oxidative metabolism and antimicrobial activity. J. Exp. Med. (1983) 158: 670-689. Nathan C.F., et al.
- Impact of interferon-γ on hematopoiesis. Blood. (2014) 24 (16): 2479-86. Review. de Bruin A.M., et al.
- Full Name: IFN Gamma ELISA Kit (Interferon Gamma)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.03 IU/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields