Human IFN gamma ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring interferon gamma (IFN gamma, IFN-γ, IFN-g, IFN-gamma) in human serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.03 IU/ml.
Interferon gamma (IFN-γ, IFN gamma, IFN-gamma) which is also called Type II interferon is an inflammatory cytokine that is a homodimeric glycoprotein which contains approx. 21-24 kD subunits. Human IFN-gamma has been implicated for the development of fibrosis into inflamed tissues, where its production in under a genetic control that is responsible for influencing the development of fibrosis in lung allografts.
Natural killer (NK) cells and CD8 cytotoxic T cells are also able to produce IFN-gamma which is essential in controlling microbial pathogens. This supports the argument that human IFN-gamma plays a crucial role in host defence against many infections, where IFN-γ is able to activate both human macrophage oxidative metabolism as well as antimicrobial activity. There is also evidence that it possess antiviral activity during its immune-regulatory functions and control of neointima proliferation. The role of human interferon gamma as a disease marker has been investigated in many different pathological situations which include: infections, transplant rejection, autoimmune diseases, allergy and diabetes.
IFN GAMMA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterplate: Coated wells with monoclonal anti IFN gamma antibodies.
- Conjugate: HRP labelled with anti-IFN-gamma.
- Zero Calibrator.
- Calibrators (1-5): Concentrations 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 IU/ml.
- Wash Solution (200x).
- Control 1 And Control 2: In human serum, benzamidin and thymol.
- TMB Chromogenic Substrate.
- Stop Solution: HCl (1.0N).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human interferon gamma (IFN-gamma, IFN-g, IFN-γ) using current IFN gamma ELISA kit was approximately 0.03 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 30 IU/ml.
– Interferon Gamma (IFN gamma, IFN-γ): ELISA
– Detection Limit: 0.03 IU/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for human natural and recombinant IFN-γ. No significant cross-reaction was observed in presence of 50 ng of IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, TNF-α, TNF-β, IFN-β, TGF-β, GM-CSF, OSM, MIP-1α, MIP-1β, LIF, MCP-1, G-CSF and RANTES.
– Intra Assay Precision: 3.2 – 3.8%
– Inter Assay Precision: 5.8 – 8.8%
– Accuracy: Recovery test (94 – 103%), dilution test (0.4 – 18.0 IU/ml).
– Hook Effect: No hook effect up to 500 000 IU/ml.
- Interferon gamma: a historical perspective. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2009) 20 (2): 97-113. Review. Billiau A. and Matthys P.
- Identification of interferon gamma as the lymphokine that activates human macrophage oxidative metabolism and antimicrobial activity. J. Exp. Med. (1983) 158: 670-689. Nathan C.F., et al.
- Clinical implications of interferon-γ genetic and epigenetic variants. Immunology. (2014) 143 (4): 499-511. Review. Smith N.L. and Denning D.W.
- Impact of interferon-γ on hematopoiesis. Blood. (2014) 24 (16): 2479-86. Review. de Bruin A.M., et al.
- Full Name: IFN Gamma ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.03 IU/ml