Human adiponectin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring adiponectin (AdipoQ, Acrp30, GBP-28) in human serum or heparin plasma samples. This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of 0.6 ng/ml.
Adiponectin (APN, AdipoQ, Acrp30) is predominately expressed within adipose tissues, one of the main functions involves increasing insulin resistance. This is demonstrated by a decrease in the levels present in plasma for individuals with coronary artery disease, obesity and type 2 diabetes. This is not just found in humans but also in rodents.
The structure involves a complex of protein dimers and tetramers. There are two specific types of receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2. AdiopR1 is mainly expressed within skeletal muscles, it is responsible for enhancing fatty acid oxidation and promoting insulin sensitivity via activation of AMP-activated protein. Whereas, AdipR2 is predominately expressed within the liver, it is responsible for enhancing metabolism of energy and oxidation of fatty acids via activation of PPARy.
Adiponectin is composed of 244 amino acids, it contains a collagen domain (N-terminal) and globular domain (C-terminal). The N-terminal is found to be conserved among various species and plays an important role in the formation of multimers. It circulates in the blood as multiple isoforms, these play vital roles by influencing the process of inflammation during the chronic and acute phase diseases.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with mouse anti-adiponectin antibody. Wells are separately breakable.
- Standards A-E: Concentrations 0, 2, 10, 30, 70, 100 ng/mL.
- Control Serum 1 And Control Serum 2 (Lyophilised).
- Antibody-HRP-Conjugate: Consisting of mouse antibody biotinylated and streptavidin horseradish peroxidase conjugate.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Substrate: Horseradish-peroxidase- (HRP) substrate, stabilised Tetramethylbencidine.
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
- Quality Certificate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human adiponectin (Acrp30, GBP-28, AdipoQ) using current adiponectin ELISA kit was approximately 0.6 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.0 – 100.0 ng/ml.
– Intra-Assay Variance: 3.14 – 3.97%
– Inter-Assay Variance: 6.93 – 8.16%
– Linearity: No deviation of the mean > 30% was detected.
– Recovery: 101 – 116%
– Interference: None
- Induction of adiponectin in skeletal muscle by inflammatory cytokines: in vivo and in vitro studies. Endocrinology (2004) 145 (12): 5589-97. Delaigle A.M., et al.
- Adiponectin_and_leptin gene polymorphisms in patients with post-transplant diabetes mellitus. Pharmacogenomics. (2015) 16 (11): 1243-51. Romanowski M., et al.
- Adiponectin and cardiovascular inflammatory responses. Curr Atheroscler Rep. (2007) 9 (3): 238-43. Takemura Y., Walsh K. and Ouchi N.
- Full Name: Adiponectin ELISA Kit (AdipoQ, Acrp30)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Heparin)
- Sensitivity: 0.6 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields