Human IFN-beta ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of interferon-beta (IFN-beta, IFN-β, IFN-b, interferon beta) in human plasma, serum, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Interferon-beta (IFN-beta) is produced by fibroblasts and many other pathogens that are exposed to; macrophages, endothelial and dendritic cells. There are at two different types IFN-β1 (IFNB1) and IFN-β3 (IFNB3). It has the ability to stimulate both NK and macrophage cells in order to elicit an anti-viral response, whilst they can also be active against tumors. It mainly signal using the heterodimeric IFN-alpha/beta receptor. Its main function is to balance the expression of pro- and anti-inflammatory agents within the brain and thereby reduce the number of inflammatory cells that are able to cross the blood brain barrier.
Therapy using IFN-beta can lead to a reduction of neuron inflammation, it is also thought to increase the production of nerve growth factor and improve survival of neurons. In vitro studies have displayed that it has the ability to reduce the production of Th17 cells (which is a subset of T lymphocytes) that are strongly believed to have an important role in the pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis. Interferons can reduce relapses by approx. 30% and their safe profile makes them ideal as the first-line treatment.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IFN-beta antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 40000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interferon-beta (IFN-b, IFN-beta, interferon beta, IFN-β) using current IFN-beta ELISA kit was 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IFN beta, no cross reactivity or interference between IFN beta and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 97%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The conundrum of interferon-β non-responsiveness in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Cytokine. (2015) 74 (2): 228-36. Huber A.K., et al.
- Biomarkers of interferon Beta therapy in multiple sclerosis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. (2014) 34 (8): 600-4. Review. Graber J.J. and Dhib-Jalbut S.
- Interferon-beta responders and non-responders. A biological approach. Neurol Sci. (2008) 29 Suppl 2: S216-7. Review. Bertolotto A. and Gilli F.
- Interferon-β exacerbates Th17-mediated inflammatory disease. Trends Immunol. (2011) 32 (6): 272-7. Review. Axtell R.C., et al.
- Full Name: IFN-Beta ELISA Kit (Interferon-Beta)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenate, Plasma, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields