Full Name: Immunoglobulin A ELISA Kit (IgA)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 1.875 ng/ml
A dimeric protein called immunoglobulin A (IgA) has two identical heavy chains and two identical light chains. The heavy chains can be of two types; alpha (α) and mu (μ), each having a variable domain (VH) and a constant domain (CH). The light chains are also of two types; kappa (κ) and lambda (λ), each again with a variable domain (VL) and a constant domain (CL). The heavy and light chains are held together by disulfide bonds forming a stable, Y-shaped structure (known as a dimer). It also has a unique feature, a J-chain, which is a small peptide attached to the heavy chains at the hinge region. It is important for the formation of secretory IgA which is found in mucosal secretions and is resistant to degradation.
Immunoglobulin A plays are important in regulating the immune response by preventing overreaction to harmless antigens and promoting tolerance to commensal microorganisms. This is especially found in the gut, where majority of the immune system is located. IgA deficiency is an inherited disorder that affects about 1 in 600 people. It is characterized by recurrent infections in the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. IgA deficiency can also be acquired, often as a result of certain medical conditions (HIV/AIDS and certain cancers).
Human Immunoglobulin A ELISA kit can be used to detect concentrations of immunoglobulin A (IgA) present in human in serum, plasma, biological fluids and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with IgA
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled IgA.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The following immunoglobulin A ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 1.875 ng/ml
Range: 3.125 – 200 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IgA, no cross reactivity or interference between IgA and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Selective IgA deficiency. J Clin Immunol. (2010) 30 (1): 10-6. Yel L.
- Immunoglobulin A Glycosylation and Its Role in Disease. Exp Suppl. (2021) 112: 433-477. Hansen A.L., et al.
- Immunoglobulin A: a bridge between innate and adaptive immunity. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. (2011) 27 (6): 529-33. Macpherson A.J., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields