Full Name: Rat/Mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA Kit (Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein-3)
Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Media
Sensitivity: 0.09 ng/ml
IGFBP-3 gene is located on chromosome 7. Its role as the primary IGF transport protein in the circulation, where it may transport growth factor complexes with binding proteins, is well known (IGF-1, IGF-2 and acid-labile subunit [ALS]). The encoded protein also has intrinsic bioactivity, which may or may not be related to IGF-binding and transport. In addition to mediating insulin signalling, this protein can bind to the alpha subunit of thyroid stimulating hormone receptor and block its interaction with beta subunits.
IGFBP-3 is a clinical tool used to evaluate GH deficiency or to predict the reaction to GH treatment. A lower risk of several malignancies and anti-proliferative medicines is linked to high levels. For example it is found to display anti-proliferative effects in undifferentiated or early differentiated but not in terminally differentiated chondrocytes. These effects occur separately from those of IGF and can be regulated by proteins or receptors attached to the cell cytoplasm, nuclear compartments, extracellular matrix and membrane. This suggests that it is possible to regulate IGFBP-3 depending on extracellular signals.
IGFBP-3 affects cells in a variety of ways, some of which encourage cellular growth while inhibiting it in others. The effects of IGF-1, which stimulates cellular development by attaching to and activating the IGF receptor, are distinct from those of this substance. IGFBP-3, for instance, has been demonstrated to limit bone regrowth and development in healthy human osteoblasts. In this way, it is a natural growth inhibitor for bone cells. However, it can also encourage the release of IGF-1 from osteocytes, which are bone cells.
Rat/Mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative amounts of mouse or rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3, IGFBP3) using serum, plasma and cell culture media samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.09 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-mouse/rat IGFBP-3 antibody.
- Standards A-G: Lyophilised, concentrations are between 0.078 – 5 ng/ml (0.078, 0.156, 0.313, 0.625, 1.25 2.5 and 5 ng/ml).
- Dilution Buffer.
- Control Sera KS1 and KS2.
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape.
The standard range of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) using current rat/mouse IGFBP-3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.09 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.039 – 25 ng/ml.
- Recombinant IGFBP-3-inhibits allergic lung inflammation, VEGF production, and vascular leak in a mouse model of asthma. Allergy. (2012) 67 (7): 869-77. Kim S.R., et al.
- IGFBP-3 is a metastasis suppression gene in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. (2011) 71 (15): 5154-63. Mehta H.H., et al.
- Competitive binding assay for determination of rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Endocrinology. (1998) 139 (3): 1454-7. Frystyk J. and Baxter R.C.
- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 transport in the rat heart. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2003) 284 (1): E237-9. Boes M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields