Full Name: Homocysteine ELISA Kit (HCY)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 4.688 pmol/ml
Homocysteine (HCY) is an amino acid homologue of cysteine, with one extra methylene bridge. It is produced biologically from methionine by removing the end methyl group. It is recycled into methionine or converted into cysteine with the aid of vitamin B6, B9 and B12. Its levels are typically elevated in the blood of people with cardiovascular disease and this correlates with reduced endothelial function. The majority is produced in the liver, with smaller amounts being produced in the; brain, heart and intestines. The liver then receives it via the bloodstream and breaks it down into urea. Next, the urea is eliminated by the urine.
Homocysteine levels in the blood of people with diabetes are typically elevated due to reduced renal clearance of urea, indicating that kidney function is decreased. A possible correlation between increased levels and various types of cancer has been suggested but remains controversial. Amounts above normal serve as a helpful indicator of cardiovascular disease. Atherogenesis, which can cause ischemic injury, is probably how it works. Having high levels can increase the chance of developing coronary artery disease. Hyper homo-cysteinemia is found to not cause any symptoms in adults, however, it can in children. It is excreted by children through the urine during rapid growth, before and after birth. Additionally, individuals with severe sepsis and adults with kidney failure are reported to have it.
Human homocysteine ELISA kit can be used for measuring levels of homocysteine (HCY) present is human plasma, serum, biological fluids and tissue homogenates samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-HCY antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this homocysteine ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.812, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 pmol/ml.
Sensitivity: 4.688 pmol/ml
Range: 7.813 – 500 pmol/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for HCY, no cross reactivity or interference between HCY and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 98%).
– Linearity: Serum (99 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The Contribution of Homocysteine_Metabolism Disruption to Endothelial Dysfunction: State-of-the-Art. Int J Mol Sci. (2019) 20 (4): 867. Esse R., et al.
- Homocysteine metabolism in diabetes. Biochem Soc Trans. (2007) 35 (Pt 5): 1175-9. Wijekoon E.P., et al.
- Mechanisms of homocysteine-induced damage to the endothelial, medial and adventitial layers of the arterial wall. (2020) 173: 100-106. Balint B., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields