Full Name: Angiotensin II ELISA Kit (ANG II)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
The renin-angiotensin system’s active protein is called angiotensin II (Ang II). To transmit impulses, it binds to AT1 and AT2 receptors. It is internalised via AT1-receptor-mediated endocytosis and endosomal accumulation of it in intermicrovillar clefts and endosomes is further enhanced. Ang II then triggers intracellular signalling pathways including the JAK2/STAT3 and PI3K/Akt pathways, which finally leads to the DNA binding of transcription factors and the subsequent gene expression of many proteins including angiotensinogen, ACE and AT1 receptors. It also regulates body fluid volume by increasing blood pressure and urine production through activation PASK/NKA in kidneys. Furthermore, it induces salt/water transport from extracellular spaces into cells through ryanodine receptors on intracellular membranes. This is the primary function of NKCC2 in kidney cells and it also aids in the transport of NaCl and water across cell membranes.
Vasoconstriction is a known effect of angiotensin II. It makes sense that preeclampsia, which is characterised by enhanced vasoconstriction and hypertension, would result in higher plasma amounts of Ang II. However, it has been noted that circulating levels in preeclamptic women are comparable to or even lower than those in healthy pregnant subjects. Thus, the increased vascular tone in preeclampsia has been attributed to elevated AT1R expression. in the arterial wall, which is a receptor for Ang II.
Human angiotensin II ELISA kit is ideal for analysing levels of ANG II (angiotensin II) present is human tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-ANG II antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this angiotensin II ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ANG II, no cross reactivity or interference between ANG II and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 95%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Angiotensin-II activates vascular inflammasome and induces vascular damage. Vascul Pharmacol. (2021) 139: 106881. Cau S.B., et al.
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor localizes at the blood-bile barrier in humans and pigs. Histochem Cell Biol. (2022) 157 (5): 513-524. Pryymachuk G., et al.
- An evolving story of angiotensin-II-forming pathways in rodents and humans. Clin Sci (Lond). (2014) 126 (7): 461-9. Ferrario C.M., et al.
- Angiotensin II-generating enzymes. Biochemistry (Mosc). (2000) 65 (12): 1337-45. Belova L.A.
- Angiotensin II in the Human Physiology: Novel Ways for Synthetic Compounds Utilization. Curr Med Chem. (2016) 23 (42): 4735-4752. Herichová I.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Mouse IL-6 ELISA Kit
- Mouse IL-1 Beta ELISA Kit
- Mouse IL-10 ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields