Human histamine cell culture ELISA kit is a method for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of histamine (beta imidazolethylamine) in human cell culture, urine and whole blood samples. This assay has a minimum detection level of 0.2 ng/ml.
In the human body, practically all tissues contain histamine, also known as beta imidazolethylamine, which is primarily kept in the form of tissue mast cell granules. These histamine-containing granules are also found in basophil blood cells. After being released from the granules, it plays a variety of crucial roles, including; assisting in the contraction of smooth muscles in the stomach, lungs and uterus, stimulating the secretion of gastric acid in the stomach, accelerating heartbeat and increasing permeability while lowering blood pressure. It performs the function of a neurotransmitter, transporting chemical signals between nerve cells.
Histamine works by interacting with histamine-receptors on the surface of particular cells. Anti-histamines are a class of medications that can reduce the action by preventing them from attaching to the receptors.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Reaction Plate: 1x 96 well plate, empty.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Histamine Microtiter Strips: Antigen pre-coated microwell plate.
- Standards (A-F): Concentrations 0, 0.5, 1.5, 5, 15, 50 ng/ml.
- Control 1.
- Control 2.
- Antiserum: Goat anti-histamine antibody.
- Acylation Buffer.
- Acylation Reagent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
The minimum sensitivity limit of beta imidazolethylamine (histamine) using current histamine cell culture ELISA kit was approximately 0.2 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.5 – 50 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity (Limit of Detection): 0.2 ng/mL
– Analytical Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Hiatamine (100%), 3-Methyl-Histamine (0.1%), Tyramine (0.01%), L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Tyrosine, Tryptamine, 5-Hydroxy-Indole-Acetic Acid, Serotonin (< 0.001%).
– Intra Assay Precision: 5.6 – 8.0%
– Inter Assay Precision: 6.3 – 12.0%
– Linearity: 85.0 – 106.0%
– Recovery: 92 – 120%
- Optogenetic probing of fast glutamatergic transmission from hypocretin/orexin to histamine neurons in situ. J Neurosci. (2012) 32 (36): 12437-43. Schöne C., et al.
- Histamine production by human neutrophils. FASEB J. (2013) 27 (7): 2902-10. Alcañiz L., et al.
- Effect of histamine H1 receptor antagonists on TARC/CCL17 and MDC/CCL22 production from CD14+ cells induced by antigenic stimulation in vitro. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. (2011) 155 (1): 38-51. Shoji N., et al.
- Full Name: Histamine Cell Culture ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture, Whole Blood, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.2 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields