Human HSV-2 IgG ELISA kit is intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies against herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2 IgG) in samples of serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.98 U/ml.
Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) is found to be the most common cause of genital herpes and this virus can transmitted by any skin-on-skin contact with an open sore or by sexual activity (oral, vaginal or anal). HSV-2 is highly contagious, it can spread through the secretions that occur from the mouth and the genitals. Blood tests can be used to identify antibodies to HSV-1 and HSV-2 in order to aid the diagnosis of these infections.
HSV-2 IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Herpes Virus 2 antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2 IgG) using current human HSV-2 IgG ELISA kit was 0.98 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Herpes Virus 2 ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.3 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 7.6 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 3.3 – 8.8 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.98 U/mL
– Recovery: 97 – 114 %
– Linearity: 81 – 107 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Mumps, Varicella and Measles.
– Interferences: No interferences to hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL, triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL and bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Peptide based enzyme-linked immunoassays for detection of anti-HSV-2 IgG in human sera. J Virol Methods. (2000) 87 (1-2): 63-70. Oladepo D.K., et al.
- An ELISA technique to detect IgG antibody to the early herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) antigen AG-4 in HSV-2 patients. J Virol Methods. (1983) 6 (5): 245-54. Evans L., et al.
- Prevalence and incidence estimation of HSV-2 by two IgG ELISA methods among South African women at high risk of HIV. PLoS One. (2015) 10 (3): e0120207. De Baetselier I., et al.
- Serological Profile of HSV-2 in STD Patients: Evaluation of Diagnostic Utility of HSV-2 IgM and IgG Detection. J Clin Diagn Res. (2014) 8 (12): DC16-9. Amudha V.P., et al.
- Full Name: Herpes Simplex Virus 2 IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.98 U/ml