Full Name: HSV-1 IgG ELISA Kit (Herpes Simplex Virus 1)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.1 U/ml
Infections with are due to herpes simplex virus are commonly referred to as herpes and these can be caused by either HSV-1 or HSV-2. HSV-1 is a highly contagious infection, which is acquired during childhood and the infection can be lifelong. The vast majority of infections are found to be oral herpes (also known as orolabial, oral-facial and oral-labial herpes), a proportion of HSV-1 infections are also genital herpes (infections in the genital and anal area).
Infected persons will usually experience a burning, tingling or itching sensation around their mouth, which in majority of cases is before the appearance of sores. One of the “gold standard” for diagnosing infections is through the isolation of the virus in tissue culture, following by either western blotting or indirect immunofluorescence.
Human HSV-1 IgG ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro levels of human IgG antibodies to herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgG) is samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.1 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Herpes simplex virus-1 antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies against herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1 IgG) using current HSV-1 IgG ELISA kit was 1.1 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 125.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 8.3 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 9.4 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.2 – 11.8 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.10 U/mL
– Recovery: 90 – 95 %
– Linearity: 73 – 117 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Measles, Mumps and Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 96 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Evaluation of commercial herpes simplex virus IgG and IgM enzyme immunoassays. J Virol Methods. (2014) 199: 29-34. Liermann K., et al.
- The herpes simplex virus-1 IgG fc receptor blocks antibody-mediated complement activation and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity in vivo. J Virol. (2011) 85 (7): 3239-49. Lubinski J.M., et al.
- HSV IgG antibody inhibits virus detection in CSF. J Clin Virol. (2012) 55 (2): 164-7. Fening S.W., et al.
- Distribution of HSV-1 IgG antibodies by two methods comparing in Turkish atopic children. New Microbiol. (2007) 30 (2): 109-12. Artiran Igde F., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields