Full Name: HSV 1+2 IgG ELISA Kit (Herpes Simplex Virus 1+2)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.2 U/ml
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) types 1 and 2 belong to the Herpesviridae family and are found to produce infection which can differ from mild stomatitis to disseminated and fatal disease. The infections caused by HSV 1 and 2 are known to differ greatly in their severity and clinical manifestations. Some of the clinical conditions that have been linked with HSV infection include disseminated primary infection, vesicular skin eruptions, keratitis, gingivostomatitis, aseptic meningitis, encephalitis, genital tract infections and neonatal herpes.
HSV-1 is usually closely linked with orolabial infection but there is also evidence of genital infection among certain populations. Whereas, HSV-2 has been found to cause primarily urogenital infections and is usually exclusively only occurring in adults. The diagnosis of the infection is routinely made based on clinical findings and supported by laboratory testing using PCR or viral culture. For typing indirect immunofluorescence or Western blots can be performed. The diagnosis of the primary infection can be identified by a significant elevation of IgG within 6 to 10 days following infection.
Human HSV 1+2 IgG ELISA kit is intended for in-vitro detection of human IgG antibodies to herpes simplex virus 1 and 2 (HSV-1 IgG, HSV-2 IgG, HSV 1+2 IgG) in plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.2 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Herpes simplex virus-1/2 antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies directed against herpes simplex virus 1+2 (HSV 1+2 IgG, HSV-1 IgG and HSV-2 IgG) using current HSV 1+2 IgG ELISA kit was 1.2 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 6.8 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 7.9 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 6.5 – 9.8 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.20 U/mL
– Recovery: 93 – 99 %
– Linearity: 60 – 103 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Mumps, Measles and Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL and hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
-Clinical Sensitivity: 82 %
- Herpes Simplex Virus: Beyond the Basics. Neonatal Netw. (2015) 34 (5): 279-83. Review. Kobty M.
- Prospects for a vaccine against herpes simplex virus-types 1 and 2. Prog Med Virol. (1987) 34: 89-128. Review. Dix R.D.
- Prospects and perspectives for development of a vaccine against herpes_simplex virus infections. Expert Rev Vaccines. (2014) 13 (11): 1349-60. Review. McAllister S.C. and Schleiss M.R.
- Herpes simplex virus-type 2 and HIV disease progression: a systematic review of observational studies. BMC Infect Dis. (2013) 13: 502. Review. Tan D.H., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields