Full Name: Rat/Mouse Growth Hormone ELISA Kit (GH)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: < 0.04 ng/ml
Growth hormone (GH), also known as somatotropin and consisting of 191 amino acids, is generated, stored and secreted by somatrotropic cells (anterior pituitary gland). Moreover, it stimulates lipolysis and is implicated in glucose metabolism (raising glycogen use). It is an essential component for muscle growth and development. Without it, one can experience significant decreases in their muscle strength and mass. GH regulates insulin sensitivity by sensitizing muscle cells and acting on the liver to increase glycogen use. When blood glucose levels are maintained and insulin resistance is reduced, one can experience significant decreases in their body fat composition for those trying to lose weight.
In humans and many other animals, GH is a peptide hormone that stimulates growth, cell regeneration and cell reproduction. It is a stress hormone that works by raising blood sugar and free fatty acid levels. It can also promote IGF-1 synthesis. It is released from the pituitary in response to low insulin levels and high blood glucose levels. For instance, a person who is starving will require more GH since their body needs to compensate for the lack of protein and calories.
Rat/mouse growth hormone ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of GH (growth hormone, somatotropin) using mouse and rat plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 0.04 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with goat-anti-mouse/rat GH antibodies.
- Standards: Lyophilised, recombinant.
- Control Serum 1 (Lyophilised).
- Control Serum 2 (Lyophilised).
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate (HRP).
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of GH (growth hormone, somatotropin) using this rat/mouse growth hormone ELISA kit was approximately 0.04 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.15 – 9.0 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: < 0.04 ng/mL.
– Inter-Assay-Variation: 5.48 – 7.41%
– Intra-Assay-Variation: 2.01 – 4.55%
– Species Cross-Reactivity: None (Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Dog, Cat, Chicken, Sheep, Goat, Pig, Donkey, Horse and Bovine).
- Identification of rat growth hormone genomic sequences targeting pituitary expression in transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (1988) 85 (13): 4755-9. Lira S.A., et al.
- Isolation and characterization of rat-mouse somatic cell hybrids secreting growth hormone and prolactin. Exp Cell Res. (1986) 162 (2): 475-85. Melmed S. and Fagin J.A.
- Both estrogen receptor α and β stimulate pituitary GH gene expression. Mol Endocrinol. (2014) 28 (1): 40-52. Avtanski D., et al.
- Recombinant rat and mouse growth hormones: risk assessment of carcinogenic potential in 2-year bioassays in rats and mice. Toxicol Sci. (2007) 97 (2): 548-61. Farris G.M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields