Full Name: GDNF ELISA Kit (Glial Cell Line Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 2.813 pg/ml
The glycosylated homodimer structure of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is held together by disulfide linkages. One of the major roles is its involvement during the survival and phenotypic expression of motor neurons, central noradrenergic and other different types of peripheral sensory or sympathetic neurons. In mice models, GDNF been shown that administration of it can lead to a significant recovery. This can be due to a vast improvement in rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia.
GDNF is currently being studied for treatment-resistant depression with positive results so far. It was also discovered that high-intensity cognitive tasking and exercise both increased the expression of it in the brain. Patients with the aggressive, depressive and dementia-causing glioblastoma multiforme are currently getting the experimental therapy known as cranial irradiation (CRT). CRT involves increasing the GDNF concentration by delivering a specific dose of radiation over the head region where brainstem nuclei that produce it are located such as the periaqueductal gray (PAG).
GDNF is predominately expressed through neurons in various brain structures for example striatum, thalamus and the septum. There are publications to indicate that Parkinson’s disease is characterised because of the process of progressive degeneration of nigrostriatal dopaminergic system. Rats that were treated with with it had increased levels of dopamine and serotonin in the striatum which may provide an explanation of improved motor function. This is further supported by studies that show a reduced number of degenerated dopaminergic neurons which was correlated with increased GDNF concentration.
Human GDNF ELISA kit can be used for detecting amounts of glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) using human samples of tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and many other types of biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-GDNF antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this GDNF ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 4.688, 9.375, 18.75, 37.5, 75.0, 150.0, 300.0 png/ml.
Sensitivity: 2.813 pg/ml
Range: 4.688 – 300 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for GDNF, no cross reactivity or interference between GDNF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 95%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (94 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- GDNF-clinical trials for Parkinson’s disease: a critical human dimension. Cell Tissue Res. (2020) 382 (1): 65-70. Gash D.M., et al.
- The reversible effects of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the human brain. Semin Cancer Biol. (2018) 53: 212-222. Ayanlaja A.A., et al.
- GDNF-Induced Downregulation of miR-145-5p Enhances Human Oocyte Maturation and Cumulus Cell Viability. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2018) 103 (7): 2510-2521. Cui L., et al.
- GDNF/RET signaling in dopamine neurons in vivo. Cell Tissue Res. (2020) 382 (1): 135-146. Conway J.A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields