Full Name: Angiopoietin-2 ELISA Kit (ANG2)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 28.125 pg/ml
Angiopoietin-2 (ANG2) belongs to a family of growth factors which also includes glycoproteins ANG-1, orthologs 3 (in mice) and orthologs 4 (in humans). One of the main functions is during the later stages of the development of vascular cells which can include both the re-modelling and the maturation process. Both Ang-1 and Ang-2 can bind receptor tyrosine kinase Tie-2, this receptor is predominately expressed in various endothelial cells and vascular smooth muscle cells. Angiopoietin-2 has a role in the development of an artery, promoting endothelial cell proliferation. The blood vessels are responsible for carrying blood to the tissue and returning waste products back to the heart through its circulation. It is expressed during mitosis and erythropoiesis in red blood cells and during maturation of endothelial cells which develop into new capillaries, arteries or veins.
It has been suggested that the continual stabilising effect of ANG-1 is being blocked by increased ANG-2 within the vascular endothelium. It has been discovered that it encourages adipocyte development by raising AMPK’s phosphorylation, which boosts PPAR expression and boosts fatty acid oxidation. Furthermore, angiopoietin-2 functions in vessel destabilisation, promoting the loss of integrity of endothelial junctions, increased detachment, and permeability of mural cells. These changes are important to allow tissue infiltration of cytokines, proteases, and myeloid cells. It can also liberate stalk cells and endothelial tips from parent vessel to start the process of migration and proliferation of leukocytes.
Human angiopoietin-2 ELISA kit is designed for detecting amounts of angiopoietin-2 (ANG2, ANGPT2, AGPT2, ANG-2) human tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and biological fluid samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti ANG2 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this angiopoietin-2 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 46.875, 93.75, 187.5, 375.0, 750.0, 1500.0, 3000.0 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 28.125 pg/ml
Range: 46.875 – 3000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ANG2, no cross reactivity or interference between ANG2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (95 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (92 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 93%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Role of angiopoietin-2 in inflammatory autoimmune diseases: A comprehensive review. Int Immunopharmacol. (2020) 80: 106223. Wu Q., et al.
- Plasma concentrations of Ang-1, Ang-2 and Tie-2 in gastric cancer. Eur Cytokine Netw. (2012) 23 (1): 21-4. Engin H., et al.
- Angiopoietins in angiogenesis. Cancer Lett. (2013) 328 (1): 18-26. Fagiani E. and Christofori G.
- Angiopoietin-2: a biomarker in hyperthyroidism. Theor Biol Forum. (2018) 111 (1-2): 57-66. Ndreu R., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields