Full Name: EGF ELISA Kit (Epidermal Growth Factor)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
Sensitivity: 2.344 pg/ml
The EGF family of proteins consists of Epidermal Growth Factor and seven other related proteins namely Transforming Growth Factor-alpha (TGFα), Amphiregulin (AR), Betacellulin (BTC), Epiregulin (EPR), Heparin Binding EGF-Like Growth Factor (HB-EGF), Epigen, and the Neuregulins 1 to 6. This family of proteins have a similar structure known as the EGF-like domain. This is characterized by three disulfide bonds formed with six conserved cysteine residues arranged in a particular pattern. The EGF domain is found in many different proteins and has a number of functions. It functions as an adaptor molecule for signal transduction pathways, provides binding sites for phosphate and hydrophobic ligands, attaches to integrins and can serve as a scaffold for signalling molecules like transcription factors.
All proteins belonging to this family are synthesized in a type I transmembrane form, with potential for several EGF domains in the extra-cellular area. The human EGF peptide includes 1207 amino acid molecules, along with 9 EGF domains and nine LDLR class B replicas. The final protein formed has 53 amino acids and is created by cutting off the extracellular growth factor sequence, which is close to the transmembrane region. They all have two ankyrin repeats and a fibronectin-like domain. These receptors use signal transduction pathways that are not conventional.
Human EGF ELISA kit can be used for analysing levels of epidermal growth factor (EGF, URG, HOMG4, Beta-Urogastrone) using human plasma, serum, biological fluids and tissue sample.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-EGF antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this EGF ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 3.906, 7.813, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 2.344 pg/ml
Range: 3.906 – 250 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for EGF, no cross reactivity or interference between EGF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- An ELISA for quantification of recombinant human EGF in production process samples, serum and urine. Biologicals. (2018) 51: 12-17. Leyva A., et al.
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF). Clin Gastroenterol. (1996) 10 (1): 33-47. Goodlad R.A. and Wright N.A. Bailliers.
- Members of the EGF-receptor family in normal and pathological epidermis. Mitev V.Folia Med (Plovdiv). (2009) 51 (3): 5-17. Poumay Y., et al.
- The role of EGF-related peptides in tumor growth. Front Biosci. (2001) 6: D685-707. Normanno N., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields